Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Anyone know who made these unusual Tiki Masks?

Pages: 1 3 replies

R

Hey there all! Havn't been here in a long time. Been too busy working. That and collecting things here and there. Friend of mine brought over two hand carved tiki masks for me to sell for her. She says that she bought these in Hawaii around 1974 or 75.

Woah! I never seen any tikis like these two. Wowee! They both measure about 31" high & I think the wood is Palm. She had them stored away in some storage unit for all this time. Dummy. They were very dusty. Cough cough. I told her I needed to take them to my place and clean them and look at them. So, I cleaned them and checked them out and couldn't find any sign of an artist's sig anywhere.

OK, Image Shack is being ANAL right now. I could only upload one image. So to see the second one, which has a snake coming out of it's eye, you need to click here;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7708522611&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

So, anyone see this type of Tiki Mask before? They both are in great condition. Just wanted to find out who made them. They are sooo cool.

H

Someone who was experimenting with a lot of drugs in the 70's comes to mind. :wink:

...So do "chin nuts." :wink:

R

LMAO!!

Hmm. So let's see... who hung out in Hawaii during the 70's, stoned outta their mind and carved Tikis? Gee, that narrows it down alot. LOL!!
Chin nuts. LOL Gives a new meaning to Chestnuts. Hehe.

Pages: 1 3 replies