Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Any ideas for kid's tiki party activities and/or crafts?

Pages: 1 15 replies

Aloha,
I'm helping out with a party for a six year old, and we are stumped as to what might be a fun, cheap and not too messy activity or craft with a tiki or Hawaiian theme. Any ideas? Mahalo in advance.

D

drinking games! :drink:
for cheap prizes & craft kits, you cant beat Oriental Trading Co ~ theres 'color your party hat' and 'photo magnets' and stuff. search on luau + crafts.

DZ

Every year for my "Summer Spectacular", I make Plaster of Paris 'Ku' masks for my guests to paint with watercolors; I do the same activity with my 5th graders (I'm not sure who likes it more - drunk TCers or hyper 10 year-olds...). Lemme know if you're interested, 'cause I'll gladly send you the molds I use.

Here's a pic of Cyntiki's son holding the one she painted this year:

Yeah - they are great fun. Here's mine:

Well....it looked pretty darned good at 5:00 in the morning!!! :P

TM

Bobbing for shrunken heads in a vat of rum.

Limbo, and pretend hula lessons.

On 2005-08-25 20:13, dogbytes wrote:
[b]drinking games!

My favorite is thumper. Perfect for kids, every has there own sign and you get to bang>

PS- no one said there had to be liquor in the drinks - unless maybe its right before nap time.

On 2005-08-25 19:39, Selector Lopaka wrote:
Aloha,
I'm helping out with a party for a six year old, and we are stumped as to what might be a fun, cheap and not too messy activity or craft with a tiki or Hawaiian theme. Any ideas? Mahalo in advance.

...six year olds... not messy... how can it be a party if its not messy...

... food fight...

Pin the margarita on the Parrot?

If I was still 6 years old (chronologically, that is), I would love to rent one of those inflatable SpongeBob jump-inside thingies, SuperSoaker squirt guns full of water, and a TikiSoki water sprinkler to run through. (Add mai tai's and it kinda sounds like my 45th birthday party!)

How about making a volcano like Alice did on the Brady Bunch?

Thanks everyone for your responses! The party is tomorrow. I'm sure it will be fun no matter what we come up with.

C

I know this is late, but if you havn't made it to Michaels. Here are some great ideas:

Blank picture frames the kids can glue shells on! Stamp & ink.

Cork Tiki Necklaces. Each kid can decorate their "cork" like a tiki w/extra fine sharpie pens. And you can use necklace twine and a few beads.

Did love those plaster tiki masks for painting.

Limbo

and last but not least

Sponge Sponge Splash-Get a big bucket of water and sponge. It is duck duck goose with the sponge lightly tapping (and getting the kids a little wet) with each sponge. When they pick Splash they squeeze the sponge, drop it and run around the circle back to the spot the splashed kid just came from. I'm sure you get the picture. It is fun for a hot day. Great time killer. Each kid gets a turn to be splashed.

Sandy Candy! I know it's too late, but it's fun for another party!

Sorry my post is so late, but those kids really tie up your time!

Definitely sounds like you will have a fun time. Lots of good ideas. Hopefully it won't be too messy!

J

On 2005-08-26 13:25, polynesian posh boy wrote:
How about making a volcano like Alice did on the Brady Bunch?

PPBoy I think you're mistaken... Peter built the volcano and Marcia's booster club suffered its horrifying wrath. :)

SL,
I know that this is waaaay late in posting, but we recently went to my 6 year old daughters friends party. They had the following:

• Mini lei's for all the kids
  • Lilo & Stitch Jump House
  • Hawaiian pizza (with 'regular' pizza too)
  • Barbie Cake with Barbie in a Hula skirt
  • Hula lessons
  • Pineapple & Hula Girl pinatas
  • And an amazing Balloon Guy who did tropical themed balloon creations right before your eyes! He made me a cool tiki balloon!

Hope your party went well!

Just my 2 coconuts worth...

Pages: 1 15 replies