Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

r.i.p. steve-o!!!!

Pages: 1 4 replies

Steve-O ( Steve Jensen) the original singer for the Vandals passed away. He was living in Maui for quite some time. Got a call from a good ol' friend Chalmer Lumary( palyed bass for them for a while) on Tuesday. Man, we had some great times together. My Mom shares a fence with his parents up in Mendocino. Heavy! Look out for all of us down here dude! You made a great dent in H.B. and Punk Rock! You WILL be missed!

p.s. say hi to Bolms!! You guys will raise some hell up there!!

I saw the original lineup of the Vandals with Stevo at one of Goldenvoice's giant Hardcore Punk bills at the Olympic back in '84, just before Stevo left, and I met Stevo & Human in the parking lot before the show. Well, not so much met as they mooched beers & cigarettes off me while we were waiting for the show to start, luckily I had a bunch since I was buying beer for all the underage punks who asked & keeping the change to buy my own. I can still remember alot of their set, with Stevo jumping & running around with that phonograph on a strap around his neck he used to scratch during "Lady Killer," but he decided to keep using it through the rest of the set. Damn, I can remember them better than the Headliner, who was that DOA? Battalion of Saints? It doesn't matter.

[b]Anarchy Burger (Hold the Government)[b]
anarchy, kill a cat
shoot james brady in the back
raise an army of rabid rats
beat your neighbor with a bat

anarchy burger
hold the government
anarchy burger
hold the government

anarchy, go ape shit
let them know your sick of it
write your congressman,
tell him he sucks, your only in it for the bucks

anarchy burger
hold the government
anarchy burger
hold the government

you're all potential anarchy burgers
if you want to be free
order yourself an anarchy burger
(hold the government, please)

anarchy burger
hold the government

America stands for freedom
but if you think you're free
try walking into a deli
and urinating on the cheese

anarchy burger
hold the government
anarchy burger
hold the government

say fuck in front of your mom
fuck!
and
go to school naked

TM

I am now wearing a Viking Suit in homage....

Arrivederci Steve-o. The Vandals really lived up to their name back in the old days. One of my fondest memories being the night the band (and several fans) came to a party at my North Park house after a show. Before the night was over the house was completely trashed and a full scale brawl took place on the front lawn between Vandals (& crew) me, Mad Mark Rude, Chuco Tony, Lou Scum, and whoever else wanted to throw a blow. No problem. I still love the Vandals and they have my condolences and I wish them the best. That's punk rock for ya.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long. and you have burned so very brightly Steve-o."

-me

Pages: 1 4 replies