Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Dressing the Galaxy - - - Star Wars Fashion Show at FIDM Los Angeles

Pages: 1 6 replies

I mentioned in a separate thread on the last Star Wars film that the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising will be having a gallery show featuring costumes from all 6 Star Wars films.

Well my wife is working very hard on this monster of a show. And I thought I'd pass on the latest. If you go by FIDM right now, they have a life sized X-wing fighter parked in the rotunda.

But more importantly. The show opens September 12th. The opening will be all high fallutin and invite only. Then the next day it will be friends and family of FIDM staff. Thats when I get to go. The next day, 25 of the costumes will be taken down, packed, and flown to New York City for a runway show during fashion week.

So the week that the 25 costumes are gone, I believe the show will be free to anyone who shows up. But you'll be missing out on a large portion of the costumes. I'll double check on this, as things keep changing with this show.

Then the 25 costumes return, and its around five bucks for tickets online, or around seven bucks if you show up at the door.

So to get the full effect, wait until the 19th of September opening.

Unfortunately I can't post the pics of me and Darth hanging together. Lucasarts are being very tight on this thing.

My ride.

[ Edited by: TIKIGARDENER 2005-08-26 00:07 ]

I went to the FIDM website, but couldn't find an address for this event. Where is it?

Its in the main gallery of the downtown Los Angeles campus. Grand and Ninth st.

here is the web page
http://starwars.fidm.edu/

MAP
http://starwars.fidm.edu/museuminfo/museum-directions.shtm?section=museum&subsection=directions#fix

[ Edited by: tikigardener 2005-08-26 22:03 ]

Meesa Going!

Well tonight was the Faculty and Friends Opening. And quite a night it was...

Quite a large crowd, with a good representation of costumed people thrown in to add a little extra air to the event.

The Mrs. with Chewie

Some Classic costumes.

More Classics.

Sand Mom and her Sand Kid.

Fan Costumer comes face to face with the original.

Coming to Tv this fall..."Meet The Fetts!"

My homie.

And the hilight of the evening. After three weeks of intense work to get the show together, my wife gets to meet George Lucas.

These shots are only a small over view of a very large show. The opening to the public is on September 19th. It will be open to people who stop in after Sunday, but 25 of the costumes will be in Nyc for a fashion show during Fashion Week. So you'll be missing out on some great stuff.

A shot from before the show was up, just me hangin with my homie.

[ Edited by: TikiGardener 2005-09-11 01:08 ]

J

Looks like an exhibit I have to see! Man was I psyched to see this will be on when I'm in LA next month.

Thanks for the head up on this TikiGardener!

Tomorrow is Fan Day. so if you've got your Boba Fett costume, and have been looking for a reason to wear it, nows the time. Opens at 10am. There is a 10k marathon, so be aware. If you put DRESSING A GALAXY FIDM EXHIBIT on a piece of paper, post it on your dash, you should have no problem with the 10k event organisers.

Pages: 1 6 replies