Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Bev Hills Trader Vic's dinner Sat 9/10; and Disneyland Fri 9/9

Pages: 1 34 replies

I will be having dinner at Trader Vic's Saturday night 9/10 at the Beverly Hills location (in between King Tut exhibit and Pink Martini concert) around 5:30 pm. If anyone wants to join me, let me know and I will add you to the reservation.

I've never been to this Vic's (gasp!) so I'm looking forward to it!!

Also, some of us are hitting Disneyland ALL day Friday 9/9 - PM me if you want to meet up there that day! (ETR! ETR!)

[ Edited by: dangergirl299 2005-08-26 12:33 ]

A

In.
Mahalo,
Al

I'll drop by Disneyland on my lunch break on Friday and meet up. I'll PM you with my cell number and you can PM me back with yours, if that works.

Sabu

Sounds like a plan!

MT

There is a possibility that Maria and I could attend. Hey, we're always up for a trip to Disneyland! But we'd have to leave on Saturday afternoon to be back in the Bay Area for a big event on Sunday that we've planned on attending all summer, so probably no Trader Vic's for us.

A

Alright!!
Its birthday season
Poly Pop
HUMUx2
FloraTina
SCD
ME
and Vintage girl
as well as many others far to numerous to mention have their Birthdays in September. All of us anal retentive Virgos should join up for an evening beverage in fabulous Beverly Hills, Sat Sept. 10th at Trader Vic's. Who's in? And don't forget Dangergirl, Sabu, Traderpup, Tikibelle, Maitai, Maria and I will be at Disneyland all day Friday sept 9th. we hope to see you!!!
Mahalo,
Al

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:40 ]

Hey there, I ain't no Virgo, I'm a Libra! You'd think an anal retentive could keep it straight. :wink:

Man, this kills me, since the BH TV is stumbling distance from my place and get-togethers happen there roughly, uh, never (okay, maybe more like once every 2 years), but we're going to be out of town.

Have a Suffering Bastard for me!

A

Michelle,
Stay in town.
Lunch at the Blue Bayou on Fri.
Mai tais on Sat.
Come on, you guys can leave Sun.
Hanford, two words: Bengal Bar-B-Que.
It'll be fun.
As a Libra you can carefully weigh your options.
Mahalo,
Al

sounds like a good plan. I tentatively made reservations for up to 10 people at Trader vics for sat night 9/10 at 5:30. Some of us will have to leave for the pink martini concert around 7:30 or 8, which is why I made it so durn early. Please post here or PM me (or b-day boy Al) if you can meet us for dinner so I can adjust the reservations accordingly.

mahaloz~

Jen

Isn't there already a September Birthday list around here somewhere?

[fake edit]Yep, here it is: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10991&forum=1&hilite=september%20birthdays

Happy Birthday fellow Septemberites! Are we sugesting that this be the Hoity-Toity Virgo/Libra Birthday Bash?

I'm IN!! Look forward to seeing all of you! I sent you a PM Dangergirl!

Are we sugesting that this be the Hoity-Toity Virgo/Libra Birthday Bash?

I'm open to that - just keep me posted on how many dinner reservations to coordinate - or if you can't make dinner, stop by Vic's for a drink between 5:30 and 8

Signed,
Jen, the anal retentive non-Libra/Virgo party planner

M

As luck would have it, we had already planned on driving up from San Diego and are going to be in Hollywood all day on the 10th. Please add 2 more to the reservation.

Also, everyone is more than welcome to join us before or after dinner. Here's our schedule for the day:

• 2:00-3:30 PM Shag Exhibit L.A. by Day at Earl McGrath Gallery
  • 3:30-5:30 PM Messing around on the strip
  • 5:30-7:00 PM Dinner at Trader Vics!!!
  • 7:00-8:30 PM Shag Exhibit L.A. by Night at La Luz de Jesus Gallery
    (Shag will be there in person on this day only for a booksigning)
  • 8:30-? PM Drinks at Tiki Ti!!!

Should be a fun day!

ModMana :drink:

A warning -- I make the drive from my place to Tiki-Ti, which is nearly identical to the BH TV to La Luz drive, and it can take anywhere from 35 minutes to an hour and 15. Saturdays tend to go better, but expect it to take around 45-60 minutes.

On 2005-08-31 12:26, ModMana wrote:

8:30-? PM Drinks at Tiki Ti!!!
Should be a fun day!

ANY day that ends with drinks at Tiki Ti is a FUN DAY!!

Hey, I'm in for Trader Vic's on the 10th...and I wanna go to the Disneyland Blue Bayou lunch on Friday, what time are you meeting up, and have you already made eservations?

I happen to also going to be at Disneyland all day Friday, but unfortunately it is because I am working. But I get off at 1:30pm....so maybe we could meet up? I always love dining at the Bayou. Uh, also, if I join you I can get us all a discount on lunch with my ID. Oh, and off of anything (merchendise) in the park you feel like buying that day.

Speaking of which, does anyone want the SHAG Tangaroa Tree print for a steep discount? It's for sale to cast memebers for $50 (was like $500 or something). Also the large ENchanted Tikiroom chip and dip bowl set is on sale for $40 (was $150). PM me for further info. By the way I could get fired for offering this, so keep it on the down-lo, please.

Mahalo,
Tikicutie

M

On 2005-08-31 16:54, TikiCutie wrote:
Speaking of which, does anyone want the SHAG Tangaroa Tree print for a steep discount? It's for sale to cast memebers for $50 (was like $500 or something).

Tikicutie,

I've been trying to buy the Tangaroa print for a reasonable price since it first came out. I would love to pick one up if you can swing it. I'll gladly pay you extra for your troubles or work out some kind of trade...whatever you think is fair. PM or email me and let me know your thoughts. Mahalo!

S

Hi TikiCutie,

Just sent you a PM about the Disney goodies.

Thanks!

I'm in for the Trader Vic's portion of the program, it's just down the street!

T

May a Leo who has not met any of you (and a new member here to boot) join you? Or perhaps at Tiki Ti later on?
(I was just there last night toasting Ray "The Master Ninja").

I spent my birthday in early August at the BH TV and had a great time!! There were 18 of us and the food & drink were outstanding...one of the latecomers even saw Debbie Reynolds in the bar! You just never know...

Just a quick question.... will there be any children at the Disney meet-up?

All are welcome! Reservations at Trader Vic's are for 5:30 under the name "Jennifer" - look for the large crowd in aloha wear.

As for children at Disneyland - I don't see why not - bring the kids! It's Disneyland!

T

On 2005-09-01 16:30, dangergirl299 wrote:

All are welcome! Reservations at Trader Vic's are for 5:30 under the name "Jennifer" - look for the large crowd in aloha wear.

Brilliant!! See you there...

On 2005-09-01 16:30, dangergirl299 wrote:

As for children at Disneyland - I don't see why not - bring the kids! It's Disneyland!

Just thinking my son and I might be able to meet with you all for a Bayou lunch and playtime at Disney :) It's his favorite restaurant there!

T

On 2005-08-31 16:54, TikiCutie wrote:
Also the large ENchanted Tikiroom chip and dip bowl set is on sale for $40

Tikicutie,

Just sent you a message.

Can anyone direct me to a picture of that set?

Thanks,

TB

Doh! The 10th is the same day as my Company Picnic, and our weekend with the Gran'Daughter. I'm going to have to chase, laugh, play with and get hugs from Chick'nButt instead of going to Trader Vic's. I hope you guys have fun & take lots of pictures. :)

A
Al-ii posted on Wed, Sep 7, 2005 11:15 PM

Roll call, who's in for lunch at the Blue Bayou? Let me know.
Mahalo,
Al

P

I can't make it to Disneyland on Friday, but I am up for Vic's on Saturday.

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to the weekend!
See you all there!

I am going to try to make it for lunch at Blue Bayou... what time will it be? I have a morning appt, else I'll catch up with you all after lunch.

T

I was just at Disneyland yesterday and here is a report on what was available tiki-wise: Disneyana shop on Main Street had the Tiki Room Bowl set (chip n' dip) + a rather cool Tiki Room candle holder; The Bazarr in Adventureland (across from the Jungle Cruise & just around the corner from the Tiki Room itself) had the awesome Pele Tiki Mugs as well as the smaller Tiki Room Tiki Mugs (in 4 different colors); the Disney Gallery above the Pirates of the Carribean had ALL the SHAG 50th Anniversary items as well as some great Tiki Room prints and copies of other Disney prints.

I hope to see some of you at Trader Vic's on Saturday but I now have a bit of a conflict I'm trying to work out...is anyone going to Tiki Ti for drinks later on?

Happy hunting to you all!!

BTW-I had read in the "Tiki Road Trip" book that there was a Don the Beachcomber's restaurant in the "California Adventure" Disney Park. Being a SoCal resident, I've not had much interest in this park and have never gone in, although I would have for a Don the Beachcomber's!!!! I quizzed numerous Disney employees for info about this and none had any knowledge of it ever existing! Do any of you have the answer to this mystery? Was the restaurant tentatively planned and never opened in the Park? If you could even direct me to a proper thread on this subject here at i'd be appreciative.

[ Edited by: Tiki_Mod 2005-09-08 12:48 ]

T

BTW-I had read in the "Tiki Road Trip" book that there was a Don the Beachcomber's restaurant in the "California Adventure" Disney Park. Being a SoCal resident, I've not had much interest in this park and have never gone in, although I would have for a Don the Beachcomber's!!!! I quizzed numerous Disney employees for info about this and none had any knowledge of it ever existing! Do any of you have the answer to this mystery?

[ Edited by: Tiki_Mod 2005-09-08 12:48 ]

When DCA first opened, there was a cafeteria style eatery called "Hollywood and Dine" which featured several cuisine choiced from different counters themed after former Hollywood hot spot eateries. One of the counters was a "Don the Beachcombers" and even had its own Tiki themed area of the dining floor. The whole eatery closed indefinitely about 2 yrs ago.

T

Thanks for the reply and info Traderpup!

That explains why all the Disney employees I spoke to were completely baffled by my question...

I had such a blast meeting and hanging out with you all this weekend! I had a little bit TOO much fun and now have a bad cold, so once I get over that and get my gear together, I'll post some of my pics...

Pages: 1 34 replies