Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Menehune Magic - Sheraton Kauai

Pages: 1 8 replies

Aloha! I have searched the TC postings to find any information on this mug from Daga, with no luck. My sources have told me that it hasn't been sold at the Sheraton Kauai at least over the last 8 years. Can anyone shed any light on it for me?

Mahalo!!
Myke

I gots one too!

T

I saw this post on here that Tikiwinebear had posted and the images are gone now.

I figured this is the mug so I would re-post it in case anyone else was wondering about it. This one is also marked "DAGA Hawaii" on the bottom. The mug itself says "Menehune Magic" with "Sheraton Hotel Kauai" followed by a bird on the front.

Not the coolest of mugs but still kind of interesting. I, myself, am not wondering about it. It kind of looks like my Uncle Mike hiding naked behind a pot!! :wink:

TabooDan

K
keola posted on Sat, Feb 13, 2010 8:42 AM

I also have one of these but got it secondhand, so I don't know much about the history.

I actually just picked it up on ebay. Should be on it's way. I agree he's not the most handsome but my fantasy football team is the Menehunes so I just had to get it.

Was this a drink? Does anyone have the recipe?

K

There was a drink at the Sheraton called "Menehune Magic" so I think this is a drink signature mug. However, I don't have the recipe... anyone have it?

On 2010-02-13 13:38, SuperEight wrote:
Was this a drink? Does anyone have the recipe?

K

Menehune Magic is still on the menu at The Point grill at the Sheraton Kauai - the menu describes the drink as "Mango & Cranberry Blended with Smirnoff Razberi". Obviously not the original recipe, as I doubt Smirnoff Razberi existed back in the day. Maybe Chambord was used originally?

I am visiting Kauai right now, looking over the remains of the Coco Palms at this very moment. I would love it if someone could come up with the original Menehune Magic recipe for me to end my trip.

Pages: 1 8 replies