Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

House of Tiki party with the Smokin' Menehunes!!

Pages: 1 19 replies

Yes it's that time again folks. House of Tiki is proud to announce it's 4 year birthday party event. We are having a big SALE all (Laborday) weekend long and will have a party on Saturday 9/3 from 4 to 7pm. Come on down and get some ono grinds from Surf City Catering and listen to the smokin sounds of the (near famous) Smokin' Menehunes. Hope to see you there!!! Mahalos! Wes
PS I will try to upload the flyer soon!

Will try to make this one fo sure!

Hope to see some TCers there! We will also be doing a raffle on a 6 FT HARDWOOD TIKI as a way to raise a few bucks for the relief effort down in the south. As everyone knows, Katrina kicked thier asses down there and they really need our help. ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THE RED CROSS. MAHALOS FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT! Wes

Hey Wes,

We'll try to stop by if nurse Tiki-T lets me out. :wink:

I might even be able to drive myself there if the good doctor gives me the green light on Thursday.

When I was at Hoag, I kept telling Tina, The House of Tiki is just right up the street. :)

We also kept driving by Bamboo Ben('s) on the way to my doc. I kept looking out the window to see if he was out there carving tikis. It was torture!

Man, I'm getting tiki hut fever in here!

Hopes to see yous Saturday.

CA

hope you make it out Arty! it'd be great to see ya!
i'll be there after 12:00 some time......

Arty,
It would be fantastic if you could make it by at any time! We would really like to see you out and about if you are able. Saturday afternoon is a good time to come by so you can see some of the TC Ohana and check out some good music, watch Crazy Al chisel some wood, eat some high cholestoral food,(Kidding!), and just chill out at the H.O.T.
A Hui Ho! Wes

PS. In case anyone is wondering if this event will cross into Dave and Rebeccas gig at the Purple Orchid (with Preston Smith) No worries!! I am forced to shut down by 8:00 by the city of Costa Mesa, so plenty of time to "double dip" Sounds like a fun time at the good ol' Orchid! C-ya there!

... sounds great...

On 2005-09-01 22:28, alohabros wrote:
... sounds great...

You cumming up Aloha Bro??

CA

i'll be at Wes' continuing the work on Tiki#100: Tiki for Stroke victims and reaserch.....
Wes has a tiki raffle for New Orleans Red Cross types.....

I'll be having a sale on my "un-customised" Philippine Tiki#13's as well!!!
info here: http://www.tikimania.com/docs/carving_philip.html
so if you want to save some doe on shipping and tax come on out!!

I'll be whacking my nuts with the Smoking Menehunes as well... 3:00ish

A

On 2005-09-01 22:40, RevBambooBen wrote:

... sounds great...

You cumming up Aloha Bro??

...you said cumming...

...you said cumming...

Are you?? coming up!! Would be really nice to meet you!!!

get your non spell check mind out of the gutter!

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2005-09-02 23:33 ]

R

... sounds great...

Alohabros-
The "Hola Hermanos" (Riptide & The Sperm Whale) are looking forward to seeing you at this cool event. Let's make sure the Smokin Menehunes know that we all want more cowbell!

the Boo Tribe wants to thank the House of Tiki aka Wes & Teresa & Wes Son ( jamming on geetar!!) Tribe! for a very cool shindig and feeding our hollow legged kids. It was awesome seeing Stentiki aka Arty and Tina aka T&A Tribe!, the Bax Doggy Dog Tribe!, the Lone Rangers C'Al and Ernie Keen Tribe!, The Biff, Mike and Roxanne Tribe!, the Hakalugi Tribe!, the S and M aka Bondage Hawaii aka Smokimg Minis Tribe!, the Spermy Ripitde Tribe!, the Purple Orchid Tribe!, the everyone else that my mind won't tell me tribe!....Food, Drink, Entertainment Tribe!. It was all way so cool. Super nice.

Mucho Mahalos for Da Kine!

the Boo Tribe!.

CA

dang! a real Tahitian dancer from Tahiti to dance for my tiki........

(pic art direction by the Baxdog)
Tiki#100 loves his Philippine brotha'sss... Go buy Em!!
$60 off my larger 24" Tiki#13 design!!!(no teeth) $100 it's yours!

ARTY LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2005-09-04 11:53 ]

S

A BIG MAHALO to Wes and the House of Tiki for your Hawaiian hospitality & for the awesome gift yesterday. Tina & I had a great time seeing the old school of Tiki, like the Boo Tribe, the Baxdog ohana, Biff, Crazy Al carving away, and some new folks I had not met before. It was also awesome to see Tiki Bong & Spike of the Smokin Menehunes (sorry I missed your show -- catcha next time)!

Thank you all for your well wishes. It feels good to get back to the Tiki routine and a sense of feeling normal again.

See you all soon.

S

Thanks to all who came down and of course all those who were there in spirit who couldn't make it. We all had a great time listening to the Menehunes and Chief Tama and Roger. We also raised over $1000.00 for the hurricane relief effort selling shave ice and raffle tickets for the big tiki giveaway. Jerry Smith is the proud winner of a six foot acacia wood "Shaka Tiki". Congratulations Jerry!!!! Thanks also to Surf City catering for the "onolicious" grinds. Good Mai Tais too thanks to Teresa (Kilohana mama). What a way to celebrate our 4 year birthday!! Mahalos for all your support!!!

C

I think there's been a mistake. I'm sure you meant to call me regarding the winning ticket. I even had a dream I won it! Can you check that again?

Thanks! We had a lovely afternoon on Saturday with our little tikis in tow! It was a true success because they did not break one thing! We got some awesome treasures! Love the Tiki lighter! Spent the rest of the weekend drinking Wild Berry Mojitos out of our new mugs. We had never visited your "House" previously, but were very impressed with your collection! Coming up with more landscaping ideas.

Thanks again!

BTW~~~The Smokin Menehunes were just that....Smokin!

[ Edited by: cyntiki 2005-09-06 21:17 ]

Mahalos Cyntiki! Sorry your name wasn't picked! HOWEVER!!!! We had such an amazing response to our charity raffle, that we have decided to do it again! I will put up another tiki (this time a very cool Reitveld tiki) and all the proceeds will go DIRECTLY to the victims. We are selling each ticket for two dollars or 15 for twenty bucks! You can purchase them at the shop or even over the phone! We will announce the winner at the end of the month. Please call for details. Thank you for your support and your kokua towards the people who need our help! Wes

Pages: 1 19 replies