Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Lucky Tiki Art Show photo report (10 images!)

Pages: 1 5 replies

Wow! What a great, tiki-rifffffic event!! The place was packed elbow-to-elbow all night long....it was HOT inside, the music was hotter, Suzy was mixin' drinks like a maniac, the art was....well.....take a look!!

Suzy, makin' de Mai Tais, Meihanas and Zombies!

Our own DJLee, spinning great tunes without a break!! You were the star, Lee! Well done!

Crazy Al, chisel in hand, taking away all of the palm-wood that is not pure tiki:

A Kirby masterpiece!! Not for sale, this one will hang proudly at the Lucky Tiki!!

Suckin' 'em up, surrounded by great art by TikiCutie!

Tiki Tony, outside, catching some fresh air. (Bagels and Tamales?? Only in Mission Hills!)

Some of the tiki art crowd (Yeah, I know...I always end up coming home with at least one picture of a pretty girl!)

Ah!!! My favorite piece!! Original by Laura Harper (TikiCutie) I bought a print (on canvas!) - you can get one, too!

Heeeeeerrre's KIRBY!!!

As always, the new issue of Tiki Magazine, on display behind the bar

Again, the first Art Show was great! Thanks to everybody at The Lucky Tiki: Suzy, DJLee, all of our great local artists, and the whole So Cal gang for making it THE even of the year (so far!)

It was a great time! It was bakin' in there, but none of us wanted to leave -- some of us wound up hanging out by the bathrooms where there was a fan going. Suzy's (atomikitty's) mixology as always was primo, and I'm a little worse for the wear this morning because of it. Fabulous turnout, it was great to see so many faces I hadn't seen in a while, and also to meet a few TCers for the first time. Congrats, atomikitty, well done!

A BIG MAHALO TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT LAST NIGHT FOR THE FIRST LUCKY TIKI ART SHOW!!!!!
I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU!!!!
What an amazing night! I hope everybody had a great time. I had a blast! The music, art and company was so great, I almost forgot about the sweltering heat! : ) DJ Lee had me boppin' behind the bar all night!
Papatoatane, thanks so much for the great pictures! How do you take such good shots after all those Tonga zombies??!!! Truly a gift! : )
I brought my camera, but didn't get a chance to snap any pics. You are the BEST!!! I just wish I could have stopped for a second and posed better for mine, everybody else looks so cool, and I look like a big dork! : ) Oh well, if the glasses fit. . .
Thanks to all the artists for sharing their amazing talent. It was so inspiring!
Your enthusiasm and hard work made for an amazing night!
Humuhumu, it was so great to see you as always! Sorry to hear you're feeling the 'Sneaky Tiki' effects today. I'm sure you're not alone!!! : )
The next Lucky Tiki Art Show is planned for the last Sunday in October. Perhaps a little 'spooky tiki' anyone? . . . . Details to follow.
THE TIKI COMMUNITY IS TRULY A FAMILY. I HAVE GREAT LOVE FOR YOU ALL!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, AND MAKING LAST NIGHT A STELLAR SUCCESS!!!
MAHALO,
Suzy

On 2005-08-29 17:35, atomikitty wrote:
A BIG MAHALO TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT LAST NIGHT FOR THE FIRST LUCKY TIKI ART SHOW!!!!!

Papatoatane, thanks so much for the great pictures! How do you take such good shots after all those Tonga zombies??!!! Truly a gift! : )

Awwwwww. You're too kind! Some of them were NOT that good. Here's some that didn't make the first cut!

Looking forward to the October show!!

Tiki Magazine's intrepid photographer, Jonpaul....looking oh, so photogenic, chatting with Humuhumu

An original Kirby - from his now-famous "Island Period" (I bought this one - hanging in the Pape Toa Tane Lounge as we speak!)....

Very cool Moai....sorry - needs artist I.D. (must have been after a few of those famous Tonga Zombies...)

The sign out front (where it was 20-degrees cooler!)

Suzy also pours a mean Stella Artois!!

The Crazy Al tiki in the corner of the bar - natural lighting, no flash:

A serious moment for the Tiki Central All-Star Drinking and Debate Team:

CA

great pics.....of a great time...
made a little progress on Tiki#100 and a bit on my found raising goal.
glad to give the smokers something to do outside besides jack up their lungs.....
Next year a do a marathon for the National Lung Coalition!

Hey! Thanks for posting my moai! I had a blast on Sunday! It was great hanging out with such a great crowd.......and DJLee's tunes were bending my head.....pulling some great memories from the grab bag that is my mind! A real big thank you to Suzy for puttin' it all together! I can't wait to get to participate again! Here's a couple more pics from the event!

Here's my front door guardian!

just a nice interior!

Pages: 1 5 replies