Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Come Meet Stentiki @ Sam's Seafood - 9/10/05

Pages: 1 21 replies

Uncle Arty is back in the saddle and wants to hook up with the TC ohana to personally thank them for all their prayers and well wishes! Kathleen & I will be flying out on Friday, and the plan is to have drinks at Sam's on Saturday evening, September 10th. Bamboo Ben has already said he'd be there, and the more the merrier. We haven't set a time yet, but I wanted to give people the heads up so they can pencil it in on the calendar.

It would be great to see as many of you as possible! I'll update this in a few days with a time.

Mahalo!

~ tikigreg

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

[ Edited by: tikigreg 2005-09-05 16:56 ]

That's great news that Artie is feeling well enough to go out! I'm not sure we can make it because we have other plans for that night, but I'm still delighted to hear about it.

A

Bummer,
I have a previous engagement. I'll catch you next time Artie.
Good to see you out and about. Hey Tina!!!
Mahalo,
Al

S

Hey TG,

Thanks for posting. I'm thinking if some of yous can't meet for dinner, drinks in the bar is always a good idea. In fact, if we eat at Sam's I'm thinking that eating in the bar is the only way to go if it's just a small group.

Al, good to hear from you, bruddah. I like the new name. Hope all is well. Tina sends her love.

Hope to see some of you on 9/10.

M

Jeezus, Arty- be careful: Sam's could be pretty rough on a tender ticker! Watch out for the Deep Fried Basket o' Fish!

:wink:

H
hewey posted on Tue, Aug 30, 2005 9:14 PM

Heya tell Arty I said Gday! Cant make it, but if I was local, I would be there for sure!

Wish I could be there Artie, raise a Mai Tai (or soft drink if that's what the doctor ordered) for us right coasters.

[ Edited by: Urban Tiki 2005-08-31 06:30 ]

T

For anyone that can make it, we'll be ther for drinks at 8:00!

Aloha!!

[ Edited by: tikigreg 2005-09-05 16:55 ]

S

On 2005-08-30 19:21, martiki wrote:
Jeezus, Arty- be careful: Sam's could be pretty rough on a tender ticker! Watch out for the Deep Fried Basket o' Fish!

:wink:

You're right, Martiki. Nuthin but grilled fish for me. We'll skip the dinner and go drinks instead! :drink:

On 2005-09-03 04:33, tikigreg wrote:

we'll be ther for drinks at 8:00! :drink:

Aloha!!

[ Edited by: tikigreg 2005-09-05 16:55 ]

Arrrrr!

Let's say 8ish my friend. Unless we're too drunk to drive. :wink:

Hewey, Urban, you guys are welcome any time in you're in the area. Come on down (or up for Hewey!).

Aloha,

Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki 2005-09-05 18:01 ]

Arrrrrrrrr!!!

Damn 9/10 Traders!

We'll make em' walk the plank......

You can go to Vics anytime but!, how many times do you get to see our Uncle Arty come back from the dead!!!!?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

....... during the 2nd stop at the next "King Stentiki OC Mini Crawl!!!" We'll make em'all walk the plank!! Arrrrrrrr!!

ps. hey Greg. Mabe you shouldn't have told them I was going!!

Arrrrrrr! to their sorry souls!! Arrrrrr!!

H

Sorry we'll be missing you, stentiki -- we're on the wrong end of the state. It sure does please me though, just knowing you'll be able to hang out in a tiki bar again with your friends. Hope we'll get to see you soon!

S

No worries, Reverend!

I'm still in recovery mode so the small OC local party works well for me (and the Honorary HB locals TG & KO). T is limiting me to one mai tai anyhoo. :roll:

Humu, have fun out of state and we'll catch ya later.

S-A-TUR-DAY NIGHT!

:music: aye aye, aye aye
I just can't wait
aye aye, aye
got a date :music:

Go ahead, make some more plans for things that I can't attend on the 10th. :(

M

Arrrghh....Arty!...Arrgghhh,

Wish I could be there to welcome Stentiki back and congratulate him on admission into the "zipper" club. What fun could be had with a dueling chest scar photo contest. Alas, I am just back from 2 weeks in parts unknown and am unable to attend. There is also the matter of several outstanding, and I believe still valid, arrest warrants for a "friend" of mine in OC.

Plus, I 'd just have to buy Arty a seafood combo at the Harbor House(is that still there?), which is no good for the ole ticker. I am happy to hear Arty will be out and about. Cool beans.

Cheers,
midnite

Doing a Luau for our College/Career group at Church, up near Mugu Rock, I'd sneak away if I could. Enjoy your close friends that night, what a victory! I'll catch the next one.

The Fisherman Trio sends our love from New York... glad to hear you're doing well, Arty! We certainly wish we could be there. Give us a ring if you're going to be back on the East Coast.

--tikidrummer

S

Tiki Drummer! Mahalos for the well wishes. Give the Fishermen my best and maybe we'll see you in January at Otto's.

BananaBobs - thanks for the advice. Always good to be with close friends. Catcha later sometime.

Midnight - come back to HB! Aloha to you and yours. BTW, how's our movie coming along? :wink:

Freddie - maybe next time.

Tiki Greg in town tonight!

Drinks tomorrow around 8:30 pm!!!

Soccer Tiki and I are planning to stop by for a cocktail and some WooHoo's!!! :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2005-09-10 16:41 ]

WooHoo and I met up with everyone at Sam's last night! It was great to meet so many TC'rs!!! I had no idea there are soo many in the OC/Long Beach area! We are looking forward to the next little shindig! And special mahalos to Tommy Bahama (the bartender) for the great Lapu Lapus!!! After 33 years there he's got it down to a science!!!
SoccerTiki

By coincidence, I was planning to stop by at Sam's on the way home from LAX.

Is this thing by invite only? This would be my first time participating in a 'live' event with other TCrs.

T

On 2005-09-11 13:47, SoccerTiki wrote:
WooHoo and I met up with everyone at Sam's last night! It was great to meet so many TC'rs!!! I had no idea there are soo many in the OC/Long Beach area! We are looking forward to the next little shindig! And special mahalos to Tommy Bahama (the bartender) for the great Lapu Lapus!!! After 33 years there he's got it down to a science!!!
SoccerTiki

Yeah, I feel your pain. You were probably the only ones to show up for Arty's official coming out party. I mean, the only ones. We monitored the posts up until noon, and it looked like no one was going to show. We were still planning on going to Sam's, nonetheless.

But as fate should have it, the party commenced at the stentiki hut, and the Boos, KO & TG, and the T&A show were having too much fun to vacate the premises. Last we checked, no one was coming, so we figured, "Let the good times roll!"

In fact, here's the only coherent pic of the event. There's Uncle Arty, looking hail and hearty, enjoying the one-off Geister that great-guy Stuckie hooked him up with:

Good times. Cool beans.

Arty...! welcome back to the TC Hoity Toity scene! I wish I could have joined the Sat nite fun, but was already ovewhelmed with prior commitment. I do look forward to future Sam's visits though! :tiki:

Pages: 1 21 replies