Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Do My Mugs Suck?

Pages: 1 11 replies

Just Wondering if the vintage, but new mugs I make SUCK? Any comments that will boost my ego will be apreciated. Thanks, Donald.

1967 Johnny Sens

1962 Johnny Sens

1965 Duncan

1965 Duncan (The other side)

1967 Duncan Stackables

1967 Ducan Stackables (The other side)

1959 Bamboo Mug (Homemade Ceramic Mold by Ms. May Foxworth of Sandy Hook, Mississippi. She Used real bamboo to make the impression in the ceramic mold.)

[ Edited by: KokomoTikiBar&Grill on 2002-11-08 15:43 ]

S

Yes they do...send them to me and i'll dispose of them for you.

T

They do not suck, THEY ROCK!! I've got the 67 Johnny Sens mug in dark blue, the 62 Johnny Sens in a killer aqua, and the Duncan 2 faced bowl in yellow w/green eyes. All are totally awesome!! I'll add the Duncan stackables to my collection soon. The bamboo one is a little too "homemade" for my taste, but someone else may love it.

Positive feedback: It's not just for eBay anymore!

Hold me closer, tiki dancer.

[ Edited by: TikiMikey on 2002-11-09 15:50 ]

D

I think they look great. I wanted to bid on the 1967 Johnny Sens but was too late it was over. Had the flu all week and missed out. By the way is that the only color it comes in?

T

Do the Duncan Stackables look Mexican, or did I just have too many burritos last night?

Like the udders though.

T

All the mugs are cool! I like the variegated coloration on the stackables. Could you do the same thing on some of the other mugs? It would add visual interest.

H

I think they look great. Sadly, I don't have room to collect mugs (don't tell anyone, it could get me booted from TC). However, if I did, I would probably be quite interested in repros like yours, since then I don't have to worry about lead paint, and if one breaks, I know where to get another one. Plus, the designs you pick are super cool.

T

No Kokomo the mugs are cool... Now YOU on the other hand...

I kid... I'm a kidder :wink:

I have the '65 Duncan Bowl in brown and a beautiful green '62 Johnny Sens. The one thing about these "mugs" are that they look much better in person then the pictures on the web.

And for the record Kokomo is a great person to deal with!

Thanks to all of you who have purchased my mugs. I have been supporting my tiki habit and my oldest childs tuition at school with the money I make off them. I am fixing to design a KOKOMOTIKI Mug. I will let yall know how the process goes. Maybe I could compete with the great Munktiki. Nahhhhh....they are way too cool. Thanks again. If anybody wants a mug without the ebay hassle, let me know. I can do just about any color. I did a multicolor for DANLOVESTIKIS and it look awesome. Dan and Wendy have about 20 of my mugs.

Could you post an image of the multicolor mug?

I will try to get Wendy to send me a picture.

Your mugs are very cool and "kitschy-looking." The designs are great as well.

Pages: 1 11 replies