Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Hot Rod Tiki Lamp

Pages: 1 9 replies

H

Heres one for the Gearheads. Very cool. Just wanted to share it, found it on the web.

K
Kono posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 2:23 AM

I do believe that was made by our own Tipsy McStagger. He sold several versions of it.

The first one was debuted at the Tiki Art Now show.
Beautiful up close.

yep- that's me!!

Thanks for the compliments....you can see another version at the dva gallery...I believe it's on their website too at http://www.dvagallery.com.....Anyone heading out to the chin tiki event this weekend in detroit, i'll have a some other pieces as well as some larger tikis and masks that are too heavy to sell on ebay cause I don't want to deal with shipping.....I'll also have some of the lamps from the tiki art show AT DVA this past june available.....

thanks again!!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 6:09 PM

Man Tipsy I love that lamp. I saw a tiny pic in Burnout magazine and instantly fell in love. Then I was searching google image search and there she was! A piece of art, and practical too. Awesome

UT

That is absolutely the coolest! Tipsy, that is a real work of art tremendous design and execution- Bravo!

That's a gorgeous lamp!
I'd love to see some more of your work Tipsy, do you have a thread in creating tiki(I couldn't seem to find one)

-Tw

thanks for all the fine words!!!!

I haven't posted anything in creating tiki as of yet.....haven't made much tiki themed pieces lately but I'm working on it. Dva gallery is having a monster themed show in october called "werewolf bongo party". I'll actually have a few pieces in there for that. I usually make functional art but this time I'm going to have non-functional (or dysfunctinal) pieces for this show. It will be an interesting departure from my usual work....stay tuned.

UJ

OH $(@#$#@ THAT IS #$)$#$* AWESOME!!!!

How much so I can start saving?

Pages: 1 9 replies