Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

SAM Gambino, Anyone heard from Sam?

Pages: 1 17 replies

B

I had email contact with sam the day before Katrina visited the Gulf states. Sam lives a few miles just east and south of Mobile, Alabama in a small town right on the gulf coast. He told me he was boarding up and riding this one out because it would be about 80 miles from predicted landfall. That landfall came more east than predicted. Mobile is flooded and therefore I fear that Sam is also flooded out. Hopefully he is safe, but I am very worried, especially after seeing all the death and destruction in Louisiana, Miss., and Alabama.
PJ is accounted for and tiki410 is not.
Any news from these and any other storm ravaged Ohana would be greatly appreciated.
SAM Where ARE you???

Lets get the positive thoughts and prayers going- look how well it worked for Arty!

Hey Ben and UrbanT-

We just had our power restored and we are fine. I thank God for that. We did stay and ride this one out. Friends to the west of us in Mississippi and Louisiana really need our prayers. I'm glad to read that PJ is alright. Hopefully, we hear the same for other friends in that area. Thanks so much for your concern!

On 2005-08-31 07:02, Sam Gambino wrote:
Hey Ben and UrbanT-

We just had our power restored and we are fine. I thank God for that. We did stay and ride this one out. Friends to the west of us in Mississippi and Louisiana really need our prayers. I'm glad to read that PJ is alright. Hopefully, we hear the same for other friends in that area. Thanks so much for your concern!

Glad you & yours are well.

Take care,
Chris

T

I was going to say that I don't think Sam is thinking about tikis at the moment but I stand corrected.

Thanks Chris and TeaKEY. I do appreciate my tiki friends though, even if painting hasn't been on my mind for the last few days!

Sam, my brother, I'm giving thanks right now (to the responsible party :wink: ) for your safety.

Your sister,
F

O

Glad you checked in, Hope all the others do so soon, so we know they are ok. This is really bad that we are not half way through the season yet..sending good mana

Glad to hear your Alright Sam! This whole thing is unbelievable!
Good thoughts goin to everybody out in that mess.

Chongolio

Thanks so much for all of your kind words. Formikahini (my sis!), OnaTiki and Chongo. It's great to have friends like you.

Nothing can hold down the power of "The Gambino".
See ya at Hukilau bro!

D

So very glad to see your ok Sam, stay safe! Now if we could just get some news on tiki410!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 6:14 PM

Good to now Sam is all good. Been watching the news and it is crazy. Thoughts go out to everyon in that area

B

I Have to say I am Super happy that Sam finally checked in. Sam we just are a bunch of worry-warts I guess but we are OK Now.Thanks for the call
HappyHappyHappy

Not to be a smart ass but I am concerned that this is off topic...that be said, Glad to know that you are okay Sam. Everyone speaks in horror about our West Coast earthquakes but they are nothing like what you have experienced this week, I cried like a baby when that man described his wife washing away and her telling him to care for the kids.
What about PJ? can she get back home? Will there be a home to return to?

Thanks so much for the well wishes everyone. I still find it really hard to grasp that these places that I've visited so many times and am so familiar with can look like they look now and that so many people are without homes and families. I pray that all of our TC friends from that area are safe and accounted for.

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino 2005-08-31 21:15 ]

Glad to hear you're OK, Sam. i was wondering...

take care!

Thank you, PT!

Pages: 1 17 replies