Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Tiki-Bot & Mrs. Pineapple... Congratulations!!!!

Pages: 1 2 47 replies

T

As of Sept 1st, at 11:26am. - the Pineapples are now proud parents!

And a beautiful baby it is, folks....!

I'm waiting to hear back if they'll let me post more info - but I'm gonna have a 'Painkiller' in Tiki-bot & Mrs. Pineapples honor tonight!

EEEEeeeeeAAAAAaaaaaaOOOoooOOOooOWWWWWWWw- that is great news. Congrats to all of the Pineapples!!! I think I'll have me a Painkiller in you honor as well!!!

hooray, baby pineapple!

D

That's great news! Congratulations!

Hooray for unequivocably happy news!!! (And boy, do we need it around here!!)

Heartiest congratulations, proud Baby Pineapple parents.
Can't wait to hear if it's a Pineapple Princess or Pineapple Prince!

Wowwee! A happy haole pineapply person! Congrats. I'll have a Painkiller, too and toast to your new family. Can't wait to meet the little 'un soon.

-Weird Unc

CONGRATS!! Prayers answered once again!

H

Congratulations! Forget about waiting 'til tonight for a Painkiller. I'm having one right now!

Once again Congrats!

M
Moki posted on Fri, Sep 2, 2005 10:26 AM

YEAH!!! Great news!! We're very happy for the family. Can't wait to see pictures.

Moki & 'OnaTiki

H

I've seen some pics, and I gotta say -- I cried a little when I saw him. He's adorable. He looks just like a Pineapple.

Congratulations! Can't wait to meet him.

So I guess it's a little boy pineapple? Anybody know his name yet?

TB

Congratulations! Utopiandreem & i are very happy for you both!

TBird.

Congratulations!
I can't wait to see the pictures!

YAYYYY! A new lil 'neapple blesses the Ohana! Wonderful news and cannot wait to see pictures!

Many blessings!

TikiTikiBoom

M

Fantasic. Congratulations!!!

Can't wait to see the pics and meet him in person!

CONGRATS, you guys!!!

love, tikivixen

M

His name is Carter, and he is damn cute.

I'm sure that tikibot will post pictures when he has a moment- I'm not sure he'd want me posting them here, so you'll have to wait.

UB

Welcome to Tiki Central Carter!
Congrats to you both!

T

Thanks, Tangaroa. After a "difficult" 30 hours of labor, Carter arrived via c-section at 11:26am Sept. 1st. Without further adieu...

About 10 minutes after being brought into the outside world:

In the c-section delivery room:

In the recovery room an hour or so later:

Thanks for good wishes all! Baby & parents are doing great!

Tiki-bot, Mrs Pineapple & Little Pina (Carter)

T

Oh my gawd, what a wonderful face on that kid!!!

I am happy to see Mrs. P and Little Pina looking so healthy and relaxed, too. Hugs to you all from me and Bill too!!!

30 hours of labor AND a C-section? OW OW OW OW OW!

T

On 2005-09-02 14:49, cynfulcynner wrote:

30 hours of labor AND a C-section? OW OW OW OW OW!

Man - they were like 2 weeks past the due date! That's a looooong gig.....
Glad to see Mama looks good & baby is healthy! That's one damn cute baby you guys! Congrats again from me, Nicole, Devon & Dylan!

C

Congratulations and welcome to the world little Carter. What a cutie!
Mrs. P the great thing about a c-section is you won't pee your pants when you laugh, sneeze, jump, or run! Yahoo!

A

... love your kids... teach 'em to surf...

T

Another nice thing about C-sections:

Your kid's head isn't REALLY shaped like a pineapple!

(nope, it's nice 'n round, like THIS: :D)

DZ

Congratulations!! Johnnie Velour and I toasted your new arrival with Painkillers last night (and drank some in your honor as well!)

Cute kid, BTW...

T

Mucho Congratulations! He is a beautiful baby!

Take it from me; it's not always the road traveled that matters, it's just as long as you arrive!

Aloha, Carter!

B

Wow, we've All been waiting for this for a Looong time(not as long as you). Congrats on your new pineapple son. Beautiful pics of a beautiful baby. I can see him carving tikis already!
Thanks for the pic's.
HappyHappyHAPPY!!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Sep 4, 2005 3:23 AM

Congratulations! Thats a cute kid. You did a good job :)

Z

Congratulations Tikibot and Mrs pineapple!

Carter is so cute! (and I'm not saying that lightly, most babies look like Winston Churchill to me.)

What a lucky, lucky baby, to be born into an already tikified family!

Wishing you lots of rest!

T

Ok, here's the obligatory shout-out for a photo of the baby...

a) In a Fez
b) Beside a Tiki Mug
c) Face down on the bar beside an empty bottle

On 2005-09-05 10:47, tikifish wrote:

a) In a Fez
b) Beside a Tiki Mug

Tiki-Bot is working on these, he did bring a tiki mug to the hospital for a picture, but since nothing about baby pineapple's arrival went as planned, it too fell by the wayside.

Thanks for all the lovely thoughts, it was all a little overwhelming! But we're home, and getting settled, and pretty happy about the boy, he's really cute. I also think most babies look like Harry Truman for the first few weeks, but the C-section spared his lovely features :wink: he looks like his daddy!

Tiki-Bot took him for a walk today, to check out the neighborhood, and see if he can figure out the stroller! I'm in bed for 2 weeks (sigh....) and Mr. P-Bot is home for 3 weeks to take care of us. He's doing great so far, I feed the baby, and he does everything else!

We got as one of our shower gifts, 4 dinners catered by the wonderful Tiki-Go-Go, (Kelly Hawkes) who also catered the Tiki Art Now opening reception. SO I'm sitting in bed, typing this and every hour or so the lovely smells wafting up from the kitchen change! If you ever need a caterer in The Bay Area, she's great!

So, to answer a few questions, yes we have aloha wear for him, quite a bit! You know when you get married at Tiki Oasis, and the family knows you have a house full of tiki, they buy anything and everything with tikis or pineapples...Gymboree had some cool Tiki rompers, and we got every one of them. We also got a little Hilo Hattie set (shorts and top) for next summer. And a very cool retro vintage tiki fabric shirt for when he's bigger. But so far one of my favorite outfits is a pair of Pirate board shorts and t-shirt for next summer! arrrrrrrrr. Most of the clothes are huge, so we're just trying to keep his pants on until he gains a few pounds! Then the fashion shows will start!

OK - I should nap, but before I go, I want to thank whoever is responsible for PJ Nohands, I almost burst a suture when I saw this! brilliant!
xoxox
mrs. P

S

What a cute little keke!

Welcome to the world, Carter and congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Pineapple!

Wishing you a quick recovery Mrs. Pineapple and much love from the Stentiki ohana.

S

Congratulations!!!
Jauna and I are very happy for all three of you, and glad to hear you're all home safe and secure. Great pics-What a cutie- thanks for posting. We look forward to meeting Carter in the (hopefully) not too distant future.
We can certainly sympathize with you on the labor ordeal. Ours was similar, and it's one of the main reasons we're holding at one kid!
Now, get off the computer and go enjoy the fruits of your labor!
Fiona says he's cute too!!

T

On 2005-09-05 10:47, tikifish wrote:

a) In a Fez
b) Beside a Tiki Mug

One down, two to go...

P

Blech.
Why subject that wonderful child to something as grotesque as a TIki Bob?
Might as well put one of these next to him:

http://www.puppetterrors.com/index6.htm

T

On 2005-09-12 17:15, pablus wrote:

Blech.
Why subject that wonderful child to something as grotesque as a TIki Bob?

I guess I thought Danny's Shrunken Head mug would be more in the grotesque category than Tiki Bob.

Two down:

"In" a fez....

M
Moki posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2005 6:16 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG!!! That is too funny!!

That's gonna be one tikified kid! Congratulations!!

I'll say it again - that is one great looking kid!!!!!

I'm cryin' here, but in a good way! It looks like the little pina-Carter-bot needs one of these.

8T

Man - they were like 2 weeks past the due date! That's a looooong gig.....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Not only does he share my birthdate but I was also 2 weeks late. Only no c section.
I guess I am more of a "section 8'" (8ft) ok hahaha
Anyway, well done to you both and I know you will enjoy having the little Virgo man in your home.

ok- mr. tiki-bot has put together a web page of carter's entry into the world. He really is that cute :)

http://www.tikibot.com/carter/carter.html

ps - we never let him sleep on his tummy, I was sitting in the room pumping the boobs in the last picture :wink:

On 2005-09-14 15:32, mrs. pineapple wrote:
ps - we never let him sleep on his tummy,

I also hope you never let him sleep in a Giants' uniform. :lol: I'm looking for a nice Padres uni for the Piña-Niño, the classic Baby-poop Brown & safety Orange one!

On 2005-09-14 15:32, mrs. pineapple wrote:
I was sitting in the room pumping the boobs in the last picture :wink:

TMI! TMI!

Funny, he cries every time we put him in the Giants Uniform. We think he's worried they'll want him to pitch a few late innings :wink:

As for the boob, at least we didn't post that picture...

mrs. pineapple

A

Are you talking about a body part, or your husband?

(j/k)

-Randy

On 2005-09-15 17:28, aquarj wrote:

Are you talking about a body part, or your husband?

(j/k)

-Randy

I have to say, Tiki-Bot is the best dad ever, and he is taking excellent care of baby pina and me :) We went out to breakfast tis morning, and carter was so well behaved, we're taking him to an art show tomorrow!

T

On 2005-09-15 19:03, mrs. pineapple wrote:

I have to say, Tiki-Bot is the best dad ever, and he is taking excellent care of baby pina and me :) We went out to breakfast tis morning, and carter was so well behaved, we're taking him to an art show tomorrow!

Ahahahaa... that's how they fool ya Mrs. P!
The 1st three weeks or so, they are very well behaved (we were like, "Whew! This one is gonna be mellow.....") - then you try and do something and WHAM!!!! The screaming begins.....

OK - well, both my kids have had colic - so ignore my doom and gloom - Baby Pina will probably be as mellow as his Daddy!

Pages: 1 2 47 replies