Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Going to Tokoyo and Singapore

Pages: 1 3 replies

Will be heading to both these places in a couple of weeks. Will only be staying a couple days at each place.

Can you guys give me the must see tiki places in these locations?

Thanks!

C
croe67 posted on Fri, Sep 2, 2005 2:37 PM

There are several threads that give the details - just search on Tokyo Tiki & they'll pop right up. In short, the must sees: Tiki Tiki in Shinjuku & Trader Vic's at the Hotel New Otani. There's one other place too, but I didn't find it as cool as Tiki Tiki or Trader Vic's.

I'll be in Tokyo myself Sept 11-13. If you'll be there are the same time, maybe we could try to meet-up at Tiki Tiki!

Have a blast!

H

I've heard great things about the Tokyo Trader Vic's. Just a note on the Critiki links at the top of the thread -- the Tiki Tiki Yokohama location is not the Shinjuku location, I haven't added the Shinjuku location yet 'cause I can't figure out the address. I'll try to add it later today, I should have done it a long time ago.

There's also an Enchanted Tiki Room at the Tokyo Disneyland, but it's been done with a salsa flair. If you're only there for a couple days and you're not otherwise planning on hitting Disneyland, I don't think you should feel bad about missing it.

C
croe67 posted on Fri, Sep 2, 2005 2:58 PM

Oh, yeah, agree with Humuhumu on Tokyo Disneyland's Tiki Room - I have been & it was....interesting....with the hip hop/salsa thing, but it's not a "must see" - hit Tiki Tiki ot Trader Vic's again instead!

Pages: 1 3 replies