Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: Passion Fruit "Cosmo" - good recipe, close-to-tiki

Pages: 1 4 replies

M

I'm primarily a rum and beer drinker, but a friend just gave me this recipe for what he called a "Passion Fruit Cosmo". I'm not a Cosmo drinker either, really, but this drink really was very, very good. Not exactly sure how "tiki" this is, but if you change the name to something other than "cosmo", it can hold its own:

3 oz. chilled vodka (I used Ketel One)
1 oz. passion fruit juice (not syrup)
1 oz. simple syrup (just plain mixed-at-home).
1/2 teaspoon lime juice (I used 1/3 of a lime from my Mexican lime tree in my yard, fresh squeezed).

Anyway, hopefully someone else will enjoy this as well. It might be one of my wife's favorite drinks now. Strong on the vodka proportion, so I'd use a decent vodka. Ketel One was perfect in this.

H

I wonder how this would taste with passion fruit liquor, instead of the passion fruit juice.

J
Jawa posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2005 7:59 AM

On 2005-09-05 21:21, hiltiki wrote:
I wonder how this would taste with passion fruit liquor, instead of the passion fruit juice.

Strong... :D

H

well I couldn't resist it I just made one, same recipe but added 1/2 oz. of passion fruit liquor and 1/2 of fresh lime juice from my lime tree but skipped the passion fruit juice.. Real good... yum. Real good, the simple syrup made a big difference. Thanks for a great recipe. ( I think it is a girlie drink, but very strong,just right for me...:)

B

Right from the Trader Vic's Passion Fruit Syrup Bottle:

Juice of 1/2 a Lime
1/2oz Passion Fruit Syrup
1oz Gin or Vodka

Hand Shake and strain into chilled cocktail glass

Pages: 1 4 replies