Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

My first carving...

Pages: 1 19 replies

I´ll start with my first carving today. wish me luck or something :wink:

H
hewey posted on Mon, Sep 5, 2005 6:54 AM

Good luck! Welcome to TC. Cant remember any Swedes on here.

(my brothers fiance is Swedish)

Post plenty o pics :)

thanks... the tikiculture isn´t that big up here. so it´s pretty hard to find nice tikistuff :(

i´ll post some pictures sooner or later

8T

Welcome Turbosickboy. Best of luck on your carving efforts! Can you give us an idea of what type and size of wood you are going to start with?

M
McTiki posted on Mon, Sep 5, 2005 9:11 AM

Welcome to TC Turbo! Post pics.

Mahalo

B

Welcome turbosickboy, Come on in and stay awhile. How did you find us? What kind of tools do you have and what are your plans. We're very nosy. Just make sure to ask if you have any questions and don't forget to Post Pix

Will that be a 'Turbonegro' style Tiki?

thank´s alot...
i´m starting with a pretty small piece, around 12" just for some training. The material is a swedish tree called "björk", i have no idea what it´s called in english but it´s very often used by woodcarvers and for furnitures here...

On 2005-09-05 08:26, 8FT Tiki wrote:
Welcome Turbosickboy. Best of luck on your carving efforts! Can you give us an idea of what type and size of wood you are going to start with?

thanks! i´ve read some of your posts here and tried to learn some about carving, very helpful for a beginner.
i´m starting with a 12" piece now just to learn a little. I mostly use my dads tools, don´t know any brand or so but he has chisels, machines and of course a workingarea (i don´t have that in my flat)
i´ll try to post pics asap!
Mahalo

On 2005-09-05 10:38, Benzart wrote:
Welcome turbosickboy, Come on in and stay awhile. How did you find us? What kind of tools do you have and what are your plans. We're very nosy. Just make sure to ask if you have any questions and don't forget to Post Pix

that would be some!
complete with sailorhat and makeup :)

On 2005-09-05 11:18, Tiki Rotterdam wrote:
Will that be a 'Turbonegro' style Tiki?

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Sep 5, 2005 11:39 AM

Turbo,

Good luck on your first tiki. I've always wanted to work in bjork (just kidding). Take some progress shots so we can see how your piece evolves. Thanks for posting.

-Gman

sorry i forgot that they're from Norway not from Sweden. Would be quite cool though (if you like the music)
I think i will make 4 Ramones tiki's one day!

some photos of my first carving...
Right now i´m working on the sanding so it´s not finished yet. Give me feedback, critics, help or whatever...

B

Darn, ANOTHER First carving that looks like the 50th. Come on guys, if I had the pictures , I would show you what a first tiki should look like--- Putrid, Ugly,terrible, Thats how the first is Supposed to look. It is NOT supposed to look like a tiki or as good as this. vote we Ban first pictures unless they are Bad...?? Sickboy, you are teamed up with the other first timers trying to make us Normal carvers look bad Ha Ha Ha.
Seriously I love how you kept the slanted log and worked it into your piece. Very well done. All I can suggest (which is probably in your plan nayway.) is to work a bit of a headdress up on top . I like headdresses on tikis.
Excellent

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Sep 11, 2005 2:38 PM

I agree with Ben, this is a great first tiki. I can't wait to see pics of it stained and in final form. Wonderful job.

-Gman

Thanks alot Ben!
i really appreciate to hear that from you pros.
Mahalo!

On 2005-09-11 14:19, Benzart wrote:
Darn, ANOTHER First carving that looks like the 50th. Come on guys, if I had the pictures , I would show you what a first tiki should look like--- Putrid, Ugly,terrible, Thats how the first is Supposed to look. It is NOT supposed to look like a tiki or as good as this. vote we Ban first pictures unless they are Bad...?? Sickboy, you are teamed up with the other first timers trying to make us Normal carvers look bad Ha Ha Ha.
Seriously I love how you kept the slanted log and worked it into your piece. Very well done. All I can suggest (which is probably in your plan nayway.) is to work a bit of a headdress up on top . I like headdresses on tikis.
Excellent

thank you Gman! More pictures coming, maybe tomorrow if i´ll get some time to finish it.

On 2005-09-11 14:38, GMAN wrote:
I agree with Ben, this is a great first tiki. I can't wait to see pics of it stained and in final form. Wonderful job.

-Gman

still work in progress but some better pictures...

Turbo-
Sweet, Sweet job there. Really nice.
Wes

nice...

Pages: 1 19 replies