Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

doubravsky hits the motherlode!!!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

So my friend emails me to say there's a plam log at this one house in town.I drive by this house, and there's a whole bunch of them... like 15 6' logs! I go to the door and offer to get rid of them for the owner. He says ok... I call my brother in law for a truck and some muscle.

In the meantime I tell the guy I'm gonna use them to make tikis. "Tikis, eh?" he says with a grin. I'm thinking he wants one, and I should take care of him, so I offer him a tiki once I get a little more accomplished. He says, "lemme give you my card, then", and hands me a card that reads "RICKIS TIKIS"!

So I turn a little red in the face, tell him I guess you don't really want one of mine, then. Turns out he's moving and doesn't want to transport them, and has a steady supply anyways.

So I got less than half in the truck... picking the rest up next week. I'm set for palmwood for like forever!

J
john posted on Mon, Sep 5, 2005 8:28 PM

you'll have enough to keep you busy for a while! too bad i am not a carver, my really good friend is a landscaper and told me i can have all the palm logs i want.

[ Edited by: john 2005-09-05 20:30 ]

8T

Well done! Have fun with those. Did you get a look at his carvings? Wish I was like a thousand miles closer to you so I could trade you some hardwood for palm. I spent Saturday cutting up a fallen 30 ft Black Walnut tree and got several nice logs from it. One is too big for 2 men to load in a truck so we are going to leave it until we can get more muscles. I am looking forward to carving that dark wood since I have been working the nearly white Ash, Pine and Sycamores lately.

Sounds like fun 8 ft.... too bad we're not closer. I was thinking I might be able to trade Aaron for some AAC... fortunately I still have 6 or 7 3' pieces to practice on before tackling the bigguns!

Hey Dave, looks like a windfall. My wife will not allow me to get any more wood at this stage. My storage is full & spilling over into the garage. But you can have a block of AAC for sure, no prob. PM me, we'll work it out.

Aaron

motherloads are fun. Start carving!

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2005 5:27 PM

Gads! I'm sweating just thinking about husking those! Looks like you'll be slap full of palm for a while. Nice job!

-G

Pages: 1 6 replies