Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Apology to the ohana

Pages: 1 21 replies

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2005 8:46 AM

I simply want to apologize for my attitude lately. The accumulation of events of the past weeks and more has seemed to give me a bad attitude. I am hot under the collar. At this point, I can't trust my instincts. And I do not understand why really. Nor is TC the place to rumminate on it.

I don't really want to post this because I don't want to draw attention to myself. Nor can I be sure this is the right thing to do. I DO NOT want any sort of pat on the back here. I just want to apologize for my attitude and say that I am going to refrain from posting my opinions on TC for awhile until I feel like I am back to normal. I don't know a better way to say that to everybody than this. There are much more important things going on here.

I don't want to be a part of the problem on TC, or anywhere. I am usually a firm lighter of candles rather than a curser of darkness.

Mid Life Crises??

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2005 9:09 AM

I think I had that when I was 30, and again at 35... Maybe it's Bamboo Ben withdrawals... Are you gonna be in Florida in October????

P
pablus posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2005 9:35 AM

You need more bitter drinks.
Or is that more bitterer?

What happens is the build up of 'sweet' causes a temporary lull in the "nice and easy" glands and culminates in an onslaught of "bother."

I seen it on the Beverly Hillbillies once.

Anyway - bittersweet drinks, like The Test Pilot, cause you to release less "bother" and bring harmony to your inner parts. Or "inards" as Dr. Granny called 'em.

Thank Goodness!

(Not specifically for the apology, mind you, but for the fact that you are changing your mind about leaving. I was getting really sad at the thought of you departing for greener pastures. I value your opinions and contributions. Please stay on awhile. And drink a Missionary's Downfall, per Pablus.)

Sabu

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2005 9:57 AM

I paraphrase Dr. Granny:

"That's the one thing I like about this job... it drives me to drink."

T

I am usually a firm lighter of candles
You light some very bright candles with your website. This page in particular had my wife and I laughing out loud:
http://www.swankpad.org/spiegel/1969/index.htm
I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it and would enjoy a few moments' diversion. Highly entertaining!

S

Hang in there, man. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just don't watch the news for a while.

TC

no worries ...

take care

8T

Whatever you are experiencing that has you feeling this way will pass. You are wise to realise you have not been yourself. And brave to be so upfront with us. I hope this doesn't read like a pat on the back that you didn't want.
It's just that I wanted to reply and I guess I will close by saying that the true "ohana" of TC are some of the BEST people I NEVER met. Chin up my friend, we're here and we understand.

UJ

Water under the bridge, brother.
Things in your life will straighten itself out soon, and you'll be back to your old self.

C

No worries...we all be family

Swank, I have no idea what you are talking about, so I can't comment...

But I just followed a link and went over to the Swank Pad, and it is a really neat thing you done there. It's good that you did that!

Happens to us all after a while........

In a way, it's kind of a compliment as it means that you feel comfortable here.

Trader Woody

T

Frankly, I'm just glad I'm not the only one who, for whatever reason, goes through "major crabby spells." :)

And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

XO tikivixen

p.s. This is NOT a pat on the back. Think of it as more like, uh, an ice pack for your neck and a cocktail on me.

Its all good.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Sep 7, 2005 9:40 PM

Fair enough.

now back to our regular programming

F
foamy posted on Thu, Sep 8, 2005 5:30 AM

Whoa, Swanky! Just took a short visit to your site. Checked out the Spiegle link and American Homes. Nice, nice, nice. One of the neatest sites I've been to for a long while. I'm definitely going back, it's right up my alley.

As far as being crabby, I'm glad it's not just me.

H

Maybe it was that time of the month????...if so we understand.

M

Times like this are perfect for a golden opportunity to think about things!

PI

We love you!

Plus, your exotica mix cd that I bought is what I use to chill out to when work is eating me alive and I'm super crabby.

E

I'm glad you are staying...it wouldn't be the same here without you, Swanky!

p.s. I am going to pat pat you on the back because it does take strength to apologize regardless of who was right or wrong.

Pages: 1 21 replies