Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: Gilligan's Island

Pages: 1 5 replies

This past Thursday we hosted a BBQ and I was put in charge of drinks. Wanting to break out my little Volcano Bowls and the gallon of cranberry juice I had waiting to be used, I decided to try this recipe I saw posted in a thread about the Conga Lounge, which is Oakland, CA I believe.

It went over very well, and I was magically devoid of a headache the next day, which was a work day.

I'm not sure of their proportions, but this is what I used:

Gilligan's Island
1oz Pineapple Juice
1oz Cranberry Juice
1oz 99 Bananas(I'm sure creme de banana would work)
1oz Coconut Rum(I used Malibu)

Shake with crushed ice and strain into ice filled mini volcano bowl or other appropriate drink ware.

I almost used my Mai Kai Mystery bowl, but there were only two of us when we first started drinking, and I hadn't prepared an ice volcano for the center. Next time :)

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2005-09-06 11:27 ]

J
JTD posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2005 12:14 PM

Thanks for the recipe, TW. I'll have to hoist one or two of these tonight. Just read that Bob Denver (Gilligan) passed away on Friday.

JTD

T

[ Edited by: Thomas 2005-09-06 13:21 ]

I just read about that now, so sad.
Ironic that I was drinking these Thursday night/early Friday morning.

Bummed about Bob Denver, as I was a huge Gilligan Island fan..still am!
I am going to go put on the IZ CD with his Gilligan's Isle cover and tip back a Mary Ann Banana Daquiri in honor of my little buddy.

PLT

Thanks TW! I picked up some cranberry juice today and we're going to try one (or more?) tonight in honor of Bob Denver.

Pages: 1 5 replies