Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New try at Tiki Paintings....pg 2

Pages: 1 16 replies

Here is a mug I made for our tiki room! It is hand built from slabs and has bamboo impressions on the body itself, then the tiki was applied! It has not been bisqued or glazed yet, so this is in its greenware state!

This is the back, before I inscribed "The Enchanted Wiki-Wiki Room"

Front Detail

Here are the pictures of the finished product. Came out pretty nice! I wish I had made the engraved words look better...maybe next time. Thanks for looking!

waikiki

[ Edited by: waikiki tiki 2006-04-02 06:52 ]

[ Edited by: waikiki tiki 2006-06-26 12:47 ]

Do I have to come visit the Enchanted Wiki-Wiki Room to get me one a those?

M

Nice, Very Nice!!

RD

Well done! Always nice to see the homemade mugs. Is this a one-off or are you going into production?

-Joe

Thanks guys! Eventually, we would like to make more to stock our tiki room but I haven't figured out the workings of making mug molds. We'll see! Thanks for the comments!

Waikiki

Nice work!

I updated the post with pics of the finished mug...

waikiki

H
hewey posted on Sun, Nov 6, 2005 6:00 AM

Cool

Congrats on a Sweet Mug. Thanks for posting the finished product.

http://www.PalmCityTiki.com

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Nov 7, 2005 5:52 PM

it would be easy to mold just the mask and them apply to the cup which you could hand make again.

Here are some pictures of the new Wiki Wiki Room bowls that my fiance made. The first one is our Volcano Bowl with insert.

Greenware:

After Glazing:

Here is the other, a take on a Moai Scorpion Bowl. It came out smaller then expected and probably not going to be big enough for a well made Scorpion, so we will probably use it to serve snacks out of.

In both, the glazes broke sorta of wierd, but hey, thats the nature of the beast with kilns. Overall, its worth saying it again, it is nice to have your own home bar mugs.

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 05:10:19 ]

great homemade pieces! a lot of character in those.

Thanks for the positive comments...Hopefully in the near future we will be able to produce more.

P
pablus posted on Mon, Apr 3, 2006 5:54 PM

That's cool stuff,
thanks for sharing them.

I have had some extra time on my hands while searching for a job.....so I thought I'd try some tiki paintings. I am a mixed media painter, so I am trying to merge my paintings in with some tiki flair. So far, they are a little rough! I mainly focus on abstractions of cells (transformations of cancer cells, etc) in my work so this is what it is looking like....I am trying to improve on my handling of the tiki since any kind of realism is not my strong suit!

First Tiki Painting

Second Tiki Painting

Regular Paintings

The second tiki painting is definately an improvement, but I'm still working on making them better!

Thanks!
waikiki

[ Edited by: waikiki tiki 2006-06-26 12:46 ]

H

Cool stuff. I really like the ccontrast between the thin, squiggly lines and the soft, blobby elements.

Pages: 1 16 replies