Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Suffering Bastard

Pages: 1 3 replies

I
isaca posted on Sun, Nov 10, 2002 4:50 PM

I want to sell one of two suffering bastard tiki bottles I got at an estate sale. They seem old and in mint condt. THey don't however have trader vic on the bottom. Did anyone else make them? Are they still sellable? Any have any comments?
-isaca girl

I think that the cups hav ethe trader vic stamp not the decanters?

[ Edited by: isaca on 2002-11-10 17:56 ]

M

MINE MINE MINE!!!

I believe the decanters were not imprinted with "Trader Vic's" on the bottom. At least the decanters I have seen were not marked. A few had some maker/import/liquor markings, but not "Trader Vic". The mugs however were marked.

Would bet yours is authentic and very desirable, see above. Theer are two sizes of the deacnter, but that should not affect the overall bid-ness of the piece.

And by the way, you're lucky...two at an estate sale? Arrrggghh!

midnite...still seeking a Sufferin' B!

L
laney posted on Mon, Nov 11, 2002 7:06 PM

Mine is 8" pint size and has a paper label on back with the Trader Vic's name and import info. The bottom is marked "illegal to reuse or resell Federal law..blah, blah" There is a made in Japan sticker on the bottom. I got mine from my parents garage still in the box. There is still a bit of brown goo rum in it!

I saw one at Aloha Joe's last week and it had the info Laney said AND it did have stamped "Trader Vic's"

Pages: 1 3 replies