Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Seeking DIstributor forTiki CDs

Pages: 1 6 replies

D

Hello --

Been searching here awhile and thought it was time to post.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction ... I'm seeking a Distribtor of Tiki related items that carries (or would be interested in carrying) some really cool hip swingin' martini tiki CDs, whose customer base digs deep into the gift market (we are already covered in major record store chains). Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much,
Deb Rosner
Concord Records

K
Kenike posted on Fri, Sep 9, 2005 7:21 PM

What about Tiki Farm? I know they were supposed to come out with a Tiki Tunes CD but it's way, way overdo.

Try CDbaby.com. Online is the way to go.They're very fair and prompt with payments. AND they'll set you up a customized website, with soundbites that can be linked anywhere. They're Great people.
They helped our CD nearly sell out very quickly. only 100 left!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/wikiwakiwoo

P

Is this the Concord that does Jazz?
If so, then thanks for the Maybeck Series.

It inspired me to do the same thing from the incredible Rennaisance Center for the Arts in Tampa.

So far - 2 great guitarists on DVD for Mel Bay Records.
And more to come.

On 2005-09-11 07:15, pablus wrote:
Is this the Concord that does Jazz?

Yep, Deb's their new Director of Licensing & Special Markets (I'm assuming we're a "Special Market" :) ).

I'm not sure I understand what Deb's looking for, I assume she's looking for a commercial Music Distributor who works with small retailers like Gift & Card Shops and maybe Mom & Pop Music Stores? Do any of the TC members in bands have a good distribution system set up? Could DJ Lee help?

P.S. - Deb, I love that you guys bought Fantasy. I hope the terms of the sale included "John Fogerty gets to kick Saul Zaentz as hard as he can in any 2 body parts of his choosing." Too bad Korla Pandit didn't live to see the day. :(

Thanks Rev Freelance :>

Yes, we do have distribution in major record retail chains -- but that is not where most of the Tiki/Swing/Martini set buys CDs. So i'm looking for a company who sells their products to all kinds of stores that carry tiki related and hawaiian related products ... including big chains like Hilo Hattie or funky retro kitsch stores you might find in metro areas, such as on Melrose.

Trust me, i've searhed high and low for a 'list' of such stores and i have to beleive there are more than ten, lol.

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions.

Aloha,
Deb Rosner

Yep, Deb's their new Director of Licensing & Special Markets (I'm assuming we're a "Special Market" ).

I'm not sure I understand what Deb's looking for, I assume she's looking for a commercial Music Distributor who works with small retailers like Gift & Card Shops and maybe Mom & Pop Music Stores? Do any of the TC members in bands have a good distribution system set up? Could DJ Lee help?

P.S. - Deb, I love that you guys bought Fantasy. I hope the terms of the sale included "John Fogerty gets to kick Saul Zaentz as hard as he can in any 2 body parts of his choosing." Too bad Korla Pandit didn't live to see the day.

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

M

As far as e-tailers go, try contacting our friend Cedric at Aisletiki.com. He's always looking for new and interesting merchandise to carry. Tell 'em Rae and Jamio sent ya.

I'd also suggest opening up a profile on MySpace.com.
I've seen many record labels do this as a means to promote their business.

Rae

I edited some of this down...since I found y'all on the internet. A wide variety of jazz and adult contemporary. You're already doing Live365.com which was one of my other suggestions.

Jamio Designs (jamio.com)-Taboo Tiki and Kustom Kulture Art

[ Edited by: Mystiki 2005-09-14 15:35 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies