Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Formikahini to play with Drasnin at Hukilau!

Pages: 1 13 replies

It is with great pleasure that I announce that our very own TC member Formikahini, also known as Alice Berry, will be a featured vocalist with Robert Drasnin and orchestra at Hukilau 2005!

For those of you that didn't know, Formikahini was a vocalist with the legendary Athens band Hillbilly Frankenstein and countless other ventures. I just can't wait to see and hear her perform this material!!

I can remember the first Hukilau in 2002 - Atlanta when Alice took the stage with Johnny Knox!! And from one Southern Belle to another - good to have you back where you belong darlin'!!!

Go Alice!! How ya been, darlin?

Rehearsin', that's how she's been!

Now don't bug her, let her get back to it!

H

That's, like, whoa! That's fantastic. On the one hand, it's no surprise -- 'cause this is the one and only Miss Formica Dinette we're talking about. But on the other hand -- well done, sugar plum! Can't wait to see it in action.

A
Al-ii posted on Sat, Sep 10, 2005 7:01 AM

Alice,
Wat to GO!!!!!!
Mahalo,
Al

T

I am getting a kick out of this thread becasue I booked Alice for this gig in like March, and forgot that it was supposed to be on the QT for a few months. Ha - the cat's out of the bag.

Any other TC memeners want to join the 12-piece Drasnin combo?

We still need marimba and percussion (ethnic/exotic - not drum kit) to complete the lineup.

You must be able to get your self and your gear to the Hukilau in time for a noon rehersal on Thursday October 6 and to the gig on Friday October 7 at about 9:30 PM. Some pay is involved.

You must be a pro musiciann with pro gear and the ability to sight-read music.

Contact me directly - [email protected]

James T.

Congrats Alice. Superstar! :)

T

This just keeps sounding better all the time! I can't wait!!

Thanks for all the sweet words, y'all!

I'm about to POP with excitement! The chance to get to sing with Drasnin and to sing in front of Yma Sumac - well,it just doesn't GET any better for a modern exotica singer!!

But best of all is getting to be a performing part of Hukilau (besides go-go dancing with Humuhumu on the bar in the penthouse :wink:), and getting to feel like I added something to the already magical event....well......wow. I can die now.

(well, AFTER Hukilau, in case you're reading this thread, Mr. Reaper.)

now it can be told!! : )

I'm thrilled all over again for you, Alice dear! Break a leg!

love and hugs,

tikivixen

I

I hereby make a nomination that for Hukilau weekend, Ms. Formikahini shall be officially known as 'Yma Formikahini' -- we need at least one singing Yma during Hukilau!

And that is not a Texan accent you hear, but a strange New Jersey coastal dialect, and her real name is actually Amy Inihakimrof.

Vern

Oh, wow, I just read the super-sad news of Mz Sumac's having to pull out :( :( :(

Ok, ikitnrev, I shall take you up on your challenge to be the only Yma present.

Although anyone else is free to let loose with their inner diva.

Amy Inihakimrof

On 2005-09-12 18:40, Formikahini wrote:
Oh, wow, I just read the super-sad news of Mz Sumac's having to pull out :( :( :(

Ok, ikitnrev, I shall take you up on your challenge to be the only Yma present.

Although anyone else is free to let loose with their inner diva.

Amy Inihakimrof

smiley is IN!!!! oh, divA. Is the male version a DivO, are we all "divO". tee hee

Pages: 1 13 replies