Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Swizzles for the Ohana - TC friends Katrina aid

Pages: 1 8 replies

S

There have been a lot of great ideas and interest in helping amongst Tiki Central. I think we all wish we could help. Our friend Purple Jade has had a great loss and I know Holden and Dawntiki are working on a great long term plan to help PJ get and keep on her feet and in better spirits. They deserve our support. I wanted to give people an outlet to help right away, so I came up with "Swizzles for the Ohana."

For each donation made, I will put a Hukilau swizzle in a drink at Hukilau 2005 on Friday night. These swizzles will act as a reminder of our friends who have had to cancel their Hukilau plans due to Katrina. You can also make a donation at Hukilau.

I chose not to do an Ebay auction since Ebay would end up taking part of the money as well as PayPal.

All money raised will go directly to our Louisiana friends in need.

[ Edited by: Swanky 2005-09-13 11:22 ]

PI

Great idea! As they say, "the check is in the mail."

Anna

S

Well, in about a day, it's raised almost $200. I think that's excellent. Purple Jade has a lot of friends and they want to help. I think I will plan to send the donations to her before Hukilau and then raise money there as well. Thanks for all who have donated!

[ Edited by: Swanky 2005-09-13 11:21 ]

S

Thanks to Otto and Tiki News for the promotion which has raised the total today to $400 now in less than 3 days!

T

What is an Ohana that I keep hearing about??

S

On 2005-09-13 16:00, teaKEY wrote:
What is an Ohana that I keep hearing about??

It's a Hawaiian word for "Family" but in Hawaii, it often includes more than just blood relatives.

Dang, Swanky beat me to it. Ahh well, what the heck.

'Ohana means family. Family means no one is left behind - or forgotten.'

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2005-09-13 16:08 ]

T

that helps a lot. THere is no way that I would have figured that out.

bump

Pages: 1 8 replies