Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Art by Dominique: a Tropical art gallery

Pages: 1 22 replies

Aloha all!

After much discussion with Benzart and my friend Dominique Rice of Oceania, Etc. in Delray Beach, FL, this thread is going to serve as a gallery for Domi's own hand painted art. To avoid any potential controversy, we're playing it safe by putting it in "Beyond Tiki".

All the art you are seeing is handpainted by Dominique. She paints a wide range of items. Please enjoy.

Lets start off with her Molas animal series

Molas Alligator

Molas Bull, double frame

Molas Pig

Closeup of "Molas Pig"

Molas Pig & Chicken

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2005-09-11 08:56 ]

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2006-03-07 08:06 ]

Hand painted glass series

Purple Orchid Glassware

Another Orchid series: glassware, lamps & paintings

Hand painted armoire

More hand painted furniture

Rainforest Series, painted furniture

What do you get when you put all of these pieces together in the same room? The start to a pretty lovely room redecoration.
Domi specially painted the furniture seen above for a room in her daughter's house. Gonna display some shots of the furniture in the room itself and then the final product.

Bed footboard

Breakfront

Breakfront wall

Night Stand

Closet wall

Almost finished

Ready for the final product?

Rainforest Bedroom Completed

Wonderful work, Domi! :)

B

Excellent work Domi and thanks to Dreamer for taking the time and energy to post all these pix. this art would fit fine in my tiki bar If I had one. I love it.

Very Cool Ideas!! Your artwork is really nice!!! Thank you for posting pictures and Welcome to Tiki Central!!
Later,
Spermy

F
foamy posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2005 5:03 AM

Holy Cow!

... ya / ya...

Time for another series of fabulous work by Dominique.
I had forgotten that I had some shots.I kinda want to call this the "window overlook" series.
Piece of Lei Mamo

Balcon pour Sabine

San Remo

Pictoral Quilt

Closeup of quilt from paiting above

Victorian Dreams

Thinking of some Carribean vibrant color? No problem.
Here is a sample of one of Domi's bright color series.

Remember that armoire from earlier? Here is a matching table and chairs on display in Oceania, Etc.

I believe this may be a closeup of the table top.

Here a lot of object paited for her Beach Series.

A closeup of the Christmas balls under the table.

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2005-09-29 15:40 ]

For those of you coming to Hukilau 2005, be sure to look for Domi's table in the Tiki Bazaar. She may even be painting as you walk up.

As a shameless plug, lets see her painting contrasting the more primitive peices from Papua New Guinea and other Melanesian countries.

A wonderful mix of the old and the new.

Art and the Exterior of your House & Garden.
Withness major makeover that Domi and her daughter made on her daughter's property.

The Before

Dig up the old.

Painting of the guest house

Putting in a wading pool. Note the extra depth to keep those darn Florida wading birds from eating your fish.

The new walkway to the garden from the driveway

Note the illuminated iron frogs

Ta da! Completion to the garden by the guest house.

Details by the pool. Nice accents

Beautiful job.

What have your neighbors comments been?

Dominique tells me that people frequently approach her daughter and her all the time, especially while they were gardening in the front yard. Domi says the reception to the bright colors has been very warm and welcoming. In fact, its rather a rarity to see something so bright and colorful which is, in my opinion, a tasteful way.

I feel its a welcome change to the Florida landscape, which sometimes has cities locking in their residents to specific colors to not "devalue property values."

Domi's my artistic hero.

New stuff from Dominique.
We have a beach scene painted glass series and aquatic pointalism glass series (well, kinda pointalism).

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2006-03-31 08:23 ]

Here's one more furniture restoration ala Dominique.
The Before

The After

This is a long overdue update. Back in December, someone loved the house Dominique and her family redecorated SO much, they offered an obscene amount of money for it. Sure enough, Domi & Gary sold the house.

A new house was purchased for her daughter. Once again, a grand decoration/landscaping project has taken shape. See the before and after shots below.

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2006-03-31 09:43 ]

A few more closeups of the detail of the work

Bravo Domi and Shane!

Pages: 1 22 replies