Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Volunteers for Hukilau 2005

Pages: 1 9 replies

Aloha Everyone,

A lot of you have emailed saying that you would like to volunteer at Hukilau 2005. We are in need of some assistance so I want to take you up on the offer. Volunteers will be needed from Monday, October 3 through Sunday, October 10. Please send all inquiries to [email protected] but please read below!

Casey Jones is taking the reigns as Volunteer Coordinator so here's what I need everyone to consider before signing up as a volunteer:
*Please be available at the scheduled time we give you if you sign up - this will be crucial the week of the event.
*Please be able to follow direction - we're not gonna crack the whip or anything but we will need to give you specific tasks
*Please know that we will count on you - this is your vacation so if you don't want to take time out then don't, we won't hold it against you!!

Ok, those that are interested here's what we'll need from you:
*When will you arrive at Hukilau?
*Where will you be staying?
*Will you have a cell phone and if so please provide your number.
*Your given name and Tiki Central name

What do you get in return?
*a chance to see what goes into producing an event like this
*a special gift from Tiki Kiliki
*First look at all the vendors!
*a chance to spend time with the local ohana

All inquiries should go to [email protected] - do not send mail to thehukilau.com, we are having technical difficulties with our mail server as some of you have experienced.

C

Tiki Kiliki-
Who is "Casey Jones?"

S

Actually, there turned out to be no issues with Hukilau mail. There was an apparent patch on MS Exchange Servers that "broke" email on several providers, most notably Road Runner. Anyone who uses them as an email provider might want to resend your emails for that last week or so. The problem was such that you would not get any sort of message that your mail failed, and the person would never get your mail either. The "bug" was fixed a day or two ago across all known ISPs with this issue.

Thanks so much for posting that Swanky and I so do appreciate you guys being on the case.

To keep things going the way they are - everyone just go ahead and keep sending any type of volunteer emails to my personal account at [email protected]

I really appreciate the response from everyone!! This is going to be a great Hukilau because of ohana like you!

Just wanted to say thanks once again for everyones response! Keep it coming!

H

I'll be happy to lend a hand! Just sent you an email.

M

Humu, Casey and I really tied one on (lanyards, that is) helping out for the boat cruise last year!! :)

Aloha! Three short days 'til da Hukilau. Any other would-be volunteers know what they've volunteered for? I'm still flying blind.

The news will go out today. Casey Jones just flew into town last night and we're meeting in just a few minutes to update everyone!!

Mahalo for your patience!

A little bird told me its stuff like light duty stuff at tables, lending a hand to others at the event, light duty stuffing of paper things, etc.

Ya know, stuff you can do and still join the event. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Maybe we can even get a few more folks to help James load out the PA gear this year. :wink:

Pages: 1 9 replies