Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

OMG What has become of me?

Pages: 1 13 replies

I can't sleep, I can't work, I can't eat...wait I can ALWAYS eat,
Beautiful So-Cal afternoon, Tri Tip on the BBQ, family around, cold malt beverage and slack key on the CD player, Hey, lets carve a TiKI. I threw a log I have been drying for a few years up on a set of saw horses grabbed a set of chisels, a Sharpie and here is what came out. Now I see carving chips in my cereal, faces to carve in the car neat to me on the freeway, I am following tree trimmers around town looking for more palm trees. I have a fever and the only cure is more carving.

Is that your first?

Very nice and welcome to the club ....My name is rodeo and i am a addict to tiki.

H

better known as a tikoholic.

Yep my first, but you know what they say, "1000 is not enough and 1 is too many"

On fire for sure. Love the pineapple head. Cool.

B

Welcome B Bob. Your first is really good. I expect to see many more posted soon. Hope you have a good log supply and plenny tools cuz you're gonna need'em all to carve those tikis Waiting for you. Just photograph them all and post them here so we can keep track of your habit and help you out when needed.
Welcome to TC.

great piece! show us more work asap!

Nice- Like the pineapple! :)

S

The first sign of trouble is always "logs drying in the garage or basement." You are going down that road when you reach that point...

H
hewey posted on Sat, Sep 17, 2005 4:42 AM

Hahahahaha - another poor sap bitten by the tiki bug. One minute your a respectable law abiding citizen, the next your doing a 180 turn on the freeway in peakhour to look at those logs dumped next to the road.

Welcome, it only gets worse :)

Nice carving by the way. Nice clean style. Cant wait to see more.

Or when people start honking and you realize you're doing 35 on the freeway 'cause you're craning your neck out across the empty field nearby looking for possible signs of a log!

I just saw your tiki for the first time!! GOOD ONE!!!! Proud to know ya, BB!

Welcome to the club.

M

HahahaHahahHaHahaHaHaHahaHahahhahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Welcome to TC !!!! Your new Ohana for those of us who understand and care. Even though we can't do anything for you other than to guide you brother.

Mahalo

McTiki

Pages: 1 13 replies