Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader vics in B.H. raised prices!!!!

Pages: 1 24 replies

When did this happen?.I went there with some buds and the drink prices are higher than the tiki-tis!!. I know the hooch is good, but for $10-$12 bucks, I want perfection!!.

Is it merely a manifestation of the LA - westside tax?

However, unlike Tiki-Ti, drinks are frequently served in the appropriate tiki mug - my particular favorite is the Fog Cutter.

However, their cuisine prices were never a deal, although not over-priced considering the zip code.

H

Hey, I paid $8 for a Corona in Hollywood (before tip). Ditto what christiki said -- I think the high prices have more to do with Los Angeles than with Trader Vic's.

When I was at the trader vics BH this weekend, one of the clerks at the hotel there told me it would be closed soon for "renovation."

it sounded ominous.

On 2005-09-13 19:14, Humuhumu wrote:
Hey, I paid $8 for a Corona in Hollywood (before tip). Ditto what christiki said -- I think the high prices have more to do with Los Angeles than with Trader Vic's.

Sheesh, Humu - I used to pay eight-bucks for a CASE of Corona in Baja!!

Re: my two-cents on T.V.'s - I was there on Saturday with some of the TC ohana - and I was also at the T.V.'s in Palo Alto just last month. Prices were the same - but the Mai Tai at B.H. was noticeably smaller and MUCH more watered-down! I gotta give kudos th the young bartender at the P.A. location, who obviously studied hard at U.T.V. (University of Trader Vic's) - it was by far the better :drink:

On 2005-09-13 19:34, dangergirl299 wrote:
When I was at the trader vics BH this weekend, one of the clerks at the hotel there told me it would be closed soon for "renovation."

it sounded ominous.

Oh, yeah - I forgot to mention how GREAT the company was!! :) Good time DG - thanks again for settin' it up!!

I was there with the wife 4 mos ago and we were paying less than the now elevated $10-$12 per drink, and that was AFTER happy hour."F" the area, what happened to value?. They use club soda in a sharks tooth! (tell 'em sprite next time for an awesome drink).

... flasks...

... bota bags...

... then all ya need is one high priced watered down drink inside...

... vicodin...

... taxi...

[ Edited by: alohabros 2005-09-16 15:38 ]

[ Edited by: alohabros 2005-09-16 16:17 ]

WooHooo! Here's to the 90210!!!

T

Feel the lurv!

On 2005-09-16 15:37, alohabros wrote:
... flasks...

I've always been an airplane bottle man, myself.

Although at dance clubs, not bars. However, considering as how bar prices have increased, maybe it is time to expand my perspectives.

Maybe the increased prices are worth it to keep he property from going condo, like the Derby in Los Feliz.

The Beverly Hilton recently underwent a $60 million makeover and is owned by Packard Bell co-founder Beny Alagem's Oasis West.

Unfortunately, it would make far more financial sense to break the lease with Trader Vics, pay them a few million in damages (possiby the relocation costs of Trader Vics opening elsewhere), and then construct million dollar luxury condos to recoup the $60 million investment - than for them to keep Trader Vic's.

However, if Trader Vic's charges a few more dollars per cocktail, and has a long term contract, maybe the Bergstrom family (or whoever are the owners) will insist on remaining.

I'm gonna write my Congressman (Congresswoman, in my case) to write a law placing restrictive covenants in favor of maintaining tiki bars on the property.

[ Edited by: christiki295 2005-09-16 21:14 ]

Our precuious drink prices will only go up/further with the price of gas.

Why is that?, because in Brazil all the cars burn ethanol so booze and gasoline price are related. If rum gets too cheap compared to gasoline they will put it all in their cars.

On 2005-09-17 05:18, captnkirk wrote:
Why is that?, because in Brazil all the cars burn ethanol so booze and gasoline price are related. If rum gets too cheap compared to gasoline they will put it all in their cars.

Yeah. And if that ever happens here, I still have my siphoning hose from the Jimmy Carter days! "Hey, guys!! I think that BMW parked over there is using Meyers!! Let's GO!!!!"

PapeToaTane
[email protected]
"The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers." Captain Jack Sparrow

[ Edited by: PapeToaTane 2005-09-17 08:46 ]

OK, go some details on BH TV. I know it was out a few months ago after Merv Sold it that the idea to build a condo high rise in place of the east wing of the Hilton and remove the TV at the hotel was planned. A good good friend of mine who owns a bunch of restaurants heard that the people at TV corporate want to keep the BH TV open. The plan for the high rise is at least two years away, thanks to BH political machine. What they want to do is get the sales and visability up so the new owners make room for the restaurant in the new development or somewhere else in the hotel. When I hear more I will pass it along. OK let get some Mai Tai's we have about two years to go. - That 730 nights, two mai tai each, x _? X ? = ?

..perhaps t.v. knows it's days are numbered, and is taking advantage of the borrowed time to rake in as much as they can before the buzzer sounds...once again, taking advantage of, not catering to, the tiki folk they know will be suckers enough to support t.v. and pay higher prices in the blind hope that t.v. will stick around at that location into the future......

..you decide...

No it did not sound like that - More they want to keep the prestigious address and stay in the community of BH. They did mention that they where not happy at how TV was being run in the past years.

..so much for my conspiracy theory..then again, maybe they are just telling you what you want to hear....who knows??

T

I have been going to Trader Vic's (various locations) for over 10 years and it seems like the prices have been the same all that time. Maybe they finally had to raise them due to general inflation caused by high gas prices. Bill Maher said on Friday that gas in Beverly Hills was up to $4 a gallon! Oh, those poor rich people.

I don't think prices have been freshly raised at BH TV. This is an old thread, and it just happens to be where Pacific Andy posted the new news that TV corporate wants to keep the location. Correct me if I'm wrong, Pacific Andy.

J

I was there two or three weeks ago and the prices were the same as they've been, most drinks $10-12.

Yes, I should have started a new thread. Sorry.
Price increase is due to the lack of primary pumping output of Marcino Cherries because of the unrest in Candyland. The threat of Osma the chocolate continued terrorist activities agains the marshmellow. Also the umbrellas have gone up as well.

On 2006-04-24 08:07, Pacific Andy wrote:

A good good friend of mine who owns a bunch of restaurants heard that the people at TV corporate want to keep the BH TV open. The plan for the high rise is at least two years away, thanks to BH political machine. What they want to do is get the sales and visability up so the new owners make room for the restaurant in the new development or somewhere else in the hotel. . . .

Excellent news!

Quit yer whining! $10-12 is average for London. Two cocktails (admittedly rather fantastic) plus some tasty nibbles at a downstairs Japanese Bar in an obscure part of London recently cost my brother $95. It was my round next, so I suggested the pub across the road. (About $4 a pint).

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 24 replies