Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Jamio at Billetproof [New non-tiki works-pics inside]

Pages: 1 6 replies

M

Saturday, September 17th at Antioch Fairgrounds: Come by and say hi! We're gonna be vending, so of course little chance to see the cars (the only thing that sux about vending). So please give us a full a report of all that we're missing!

Got my eyeballs on a sweet lil' 59 Dodge Coronet...@;-)

Here's some of the new stuff (non-tiki) that Jami's been working on:

Devil Makes Three-this is my fave right now! Jami made a custom heaven/hell frame to complement this piece, but I don't have any pics. I'll try to get some up on our website. I'm sure to have some from the show.

We've gotten some t-shirts made to test market our new apparel line-"Sinical"-They're all white on black t's.

American Star

Lusus Naturae (Freak of Nature)-On this shirt, the green is actually glow-in-the-dark ink, so the effect is more white than green, but they still came out okay.

And, the Sinical logo-

New Kustom Kitsch designs

Psyamese 7

Green Baron

That green baron one is amazing , they all are but thats my favorite

M

Thanks rodeo! We had a blast out at billet this year. Had a brush of celebrity, when who should come upon our booth, but frontman for Metallica, James Hetfield!!!

Lars Friedrichson, (Rancid, Bastards) was also out and stopped by. We've been seeing more of him at the shows in and around Norcal lately. Too kewl.

Anyway, if anyone came out, hope ya had a great time! I know we sure did!

Lots of love,

Rae

I had the same experience with James Hetfield at a car show in Paso the Labor Day before last. Seems he joined the Beatniks from Koolsville Car Club (same as Von Franco) and my friend George brought him over. I was caught off guard and just stared at him, mouth agape, until my nephew hit me and I came back to life. I'm honestly not the starstruck type, but that man was h-o-t hot! Wh-shew!

Anyone got pics from the show? Any word on when your releasing shirts ?

I really need more t-shirts( just dont tell my wife)

M

haha...I'm embarrassed to say that both Jami and I didn't recognize him at the time. Later, a few friends started busting Jami's balls that he didn't know who had come into the booth.

Just to cite an example of my ignorance, there was a young girl who came up to James (Mr. Hetfield, Metallica dude, what's the appropriate greeting for a rockstar?) and asked to take his picture while he was talking to us. He politely declined and kept on with our conversation. Here's when I turn and ask him "Do you get alot of that being in a high-profile car club and all..." He smiled and shrugged in a very humble and earnest way. As Homer Simpson would say "DOOOOPE!". You'd think we hadn't been on the planet in the last 15 years or something...@;-)

Rodeo, we've already got the two designs I posted earlier (Lusus Naturae and American Star). They're Hanes 100% cotton (although not Beefy T's-We're going to try and get them made with American Apparel brand t's next round).
I have 'em in M, L, and XL. PM me if you'd like one and I'll give you the bro discount. @;-)...if you won't tell the husband!

kool , pm has been sent.

Pages: 1 6 replies