Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki in Erie Pennsylvania

Pages: 1 3 replies

Tried search and came up empty so here goes.

Back in the spring I found several references to a Tiki lounge in Erie PA. Try as I might I haven't been able to find them again.

A few weeks ago I was in Erie but didn't have much spare time to look. The only Tiki I found was on the waterfront near the maritime museum. It was kinda small...didn't seem to match the references I had seen before. Seems to me the lounge I am looking for was located in the busindess section of town and not on the waterfront.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I'm going back to Erie soon and would like to know if there is another Tiki or if the one on hte waterfront is it.

TIA,

prisoner6

Hey Prisoner 6 do you hang out around the Burgh? or are you in any of the local surf/garage bands?
seems that there are a bunch of tiki folks popping up out of the woodwork here in town..
drop me a line
Von_Yinzer

Hi Von_Yinzer,

Yuppers...I'm in Da 'burgh...Crafton area. I >was< in surf/garage bands...especailly surf...but that was back in the 60's!...sigh.

I still have a Ventures model Mosrite guitar I play when I get the time.

And yes there does seem to be a Tiki revival of sorts going on here. A lot of people seem interested.

Just today I got word there was a new Tiki bar/restaurant in the Imperial area. I called a friend who is also into Tiki and lives in the area to see if he'd been there. He had and was disappointed. Apparently it's just another Tiki light place ...some cheap decor but no Martin Denny et all Tiki music...nothing of substance.

It would be cool to see a Tiki come to the burgh.

prisoner6

So 6,
In my never ending quest for knowledge of tiki in the area maybe you can shed some light on some things for me...
My wife and I cleared out an old hotle up in the butler area of a mess of Tikis, 2 are over 10 ft!!!
However we cant find out any information on what the tiki part of the hotel may have been called, It was an old Connely Inn, and is now a budget inn, they have an indoor pool area, andused to have a large stage and Hawaiian floor show.. Also looking for where the "Hu Ke Lua" was located, some highball type glasses have shown up and are very cool... but now other info.. Seems there used to be a large Poly-pop thing going on around here.. Any info that you might have would be most appreciated...
Also sent you a Personal Message, and what station do you spin on? I saw you were in radio... What type of tunes do you play?? Always looking for a good staion to listen to when cruisin around in my ol fairlane!!! LOL of course if my gass tank didnt develop swiss cheese-itis I would still be riding around...
Till later
Jay Von Yinzer
ps
the wife and I are in the Beechview area.

Pages: 1 3 replies