Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Another witco question

Pages: 1 1 replies

I have been on the prowl at every flea market, thrift store and antique shop I go into for Witco pieces.
Today I saw something really strange.
Hiding in the corner of a shop was what looks like a Witco carving. It has the same orange, blue and dash of reddish paint that I have seen on other pieces, only this one is really weird looking. The owner marked him as being a carving of ET cause they could figure out what it could be.
The thing is wearing a little red cap and a squashed face with a blue painted top and Orange bottoms. His is holding a large O-ring in his right hand. Here's where it gets really strange....he only has one whole leg and foot, the other leg ends at about the knee! (right side) it isn't broken off, it just tappers to a burned end???
It does look like it could be a carving of ET I guess, did Witco a piece like that? Or could this be Witco version of a lawn jockey? The price isn't too bad..%50.
The wood is differently the heavy grained dark stuff that is like all Witco. Any guesses? Maybe I can go back after work tomorrow and see if they will left me take a picture.

T

Yes, we need pictures!!

Pages: 1 1 replies