Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Oct 15th - Sabu & Tikibelle's 2nd Annual Anniversary Tiki Cocktail Party

Pages: 1 33 replies

On October 11th, Sabu and Tikibelle will have been married for TWO years! That means that as far as anniversaries go, this one is rapidly shaping up to be our SECOND. Come celebrate the happy occasion with us at our house on Saturday, October 15th from 5:00pm until the small hours of the morning.

Here is the link to last year's party, so you can see what you're getting yourselves into:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10877&forum=4

The tiki-party season doesn't have to end just because Hukilau is over. Come prolong it with us another weekend. Sabu will be grilling his famous spicy coconut chicken skewers and shrimp, Tikibelle will be hostessing like crazy, that broken turntable that was making the horrendous scratching sounds on our lps has been replaced, as well as the wheels on our screeching sliding glass door. Our 1950s Ranch House has been spruced up and is just begging to host a swanky exotic cocktail party.

Please come dressed in your finest tropical attire. Children are definitely welcome until 9:00pm or so, at which time the chicken begins to run out and the cannibals get hungry. Also, please feel free to bring a side dish, salad or dessert but by no means feel you have to bring something to attend. We mostly want you, so don't stress about it.

Here's where we could use your help:
Again, like last year, I will be cooking at the grill all night and could use some willing hands to take shifts at the bar. I'll have plenty of crushed ice, fresh limes, and the basic ingredients to make Mai Tais, Beachbum's Owns and Lapu lapus. If you have a drink you'd like to share, let me know and I'll tell you what ingredients I think I can supply and which I might ask you to bring. Ran's "Reverb Crashes" were a huge hit last year and all of use were inebriatingly thankful. I promise to make it my priority to keep you supplied with hot food right off the grill throughout your shift if you guest bartend for us.

Directions:

From the 405 North or South: Take the 110 (Harbor Frwy) South. Exit at 223rd Street and turn Left. Take 223rd Street for about 5 lights to Grace (light) and turn Right. Take Grace 1 1/2 long blocks to 229th Street. Continue straight one more block (jogging a little to the right) to 229th PLACE. We are at the corner of Grace and 229th Place. Address: 421 229th Place, Carson, CA 90745. There is a Stopsign on the corner and the biggest Eucalyptis Tree you will ever see in our front yard. Can't wait to see our old friends and to meet new ones. If you're new to Tiki Central and live in Southern California, this is a great way to get to know everyone and we'll make you feel welcome.

Sabu

A
Al-ii posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 7:19 AM

Sabu and TikiBelle,
Thanks for hosting Yet another Hoity Toity Rager, Congrats on your Two year. I regret that I am unable to attend this Gala event, unfortunately I have a previous engagement. I shall clear my roster for your third. Thanks for the invite, have fun!!!!
Mahalo,
Al

T

Hey. I think I can spot an owl in one of those photographs!

I may be able to make a brief appearance between 5 and 6, but I'm afraid I have a prior commitment later in the evening...

Congrats, you two!!!

Bump

Congrats Sabu & Tikibell! I'll be there in spirit..

Congrats Sabu and Tikibelle-
You can definitely count The Whale Rider and I in!!! I was thinking that I can do a shift bartending. I can serve up some Miehana's at your bar. Laura is planning on bringing some kind of desert. If there is anything else you need us to bring let us know!!
Later,
Spermy

EEEEeeeeeeAAAAaaaaaaOOOOooooooWWWWWwwwwWWWw

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2005-09-25 10:28 ]

Utopiandreem & I will be there as well, I'll try a hour guest bartending!

TBird.

I would gladly make it, if I would not be stuck on the wrong side of the globe.

I'm 90% sure I'll make it, in which case I'll be glad to help behind the bar. Dale is going to a drumming workshop that weekend, so I'll be coming solo.

Ran

We will miss her. It was so fun having you guys crash on the couch too. Maybe we can all go to breakfast the morning after.

V

On 2005-09-26 13:50, bigbrotiki wrote:
I would gladly make it, if I would not be stuck on the wrong side of the globe.

well, same with me...congrats

C

[ Edited by: cyntiki 2005-10-01 10:46 ]

bump

C

Bump!

The Velours will be there!

Happy Anniversary Sabu & Tikibelle!

I'll be there!

C

See you there Lovebirds! Goatiki and I will be there to raise a glass!

It's getting closer! I'm all kinds of excited.

O

Wish we could come and play with you guys.

Have lots of fun and make sure you have some of Dr.Z's hangover cure on hand.

Aloha!!

Thanks for all the kind congratulations.

Plans are coming along nicely. I can't wait till Saturday evening rolls around and I can forget about all this housecleaning and just enjoy visiting with you folks.

So far we've got Sperm Whale serving Meihanas, Tiki Bird serving Potted Parrots, and possibly Kick-The-Reverb taking a turn behind the bar as well. Doctor Z, even though he will be attending the Hooptylau this year, has graciously donated the makings for a whole Sparkletts cooler full of Lapu Lapu. And I've just run up a considerable bill at Bev-Mo, so we should be set. If anyone else wants to help out behind the bar, we would certainly welcome you.

Tommorrow I prep the Coconut Chicken and Chile-Lime Shrimp. If you've never had them before, you don't know what you're missing, and I would definitely attend, if I were you.

Also, for all you vinyl fans, I've got a huge collection of Exotica, Vintage Hawaiian, and Space-Age Pop records for you to play to your heart's content. So, please, have free reign with my record collection.

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2005-10-13 23:05 ]

H

I'm gonna do my best to be there.

Sure could use a drink (or two) right about now! I'll be there with bells on -- see y'all there...

I just want to Thank Sabu and Tikibelle for hosting a wonderful party. Laura and I had a blast!! Oh yeah those chicken skewers and shrimp were freakin good!! I also want to thank Kick the Reverb for the always refreshing Reverb Crashes and the 151 Swizzles. Tikibird the Potted Parrots were very yummy!! Man I was buzzed!!! Oh and I almost forgot to thank Dr. Z who even though he wasn't there made it possible for us to drink the always delicious Chief Lapu Lapu!! Thanks to all for being such great company and all the laughs.
Later,
Spermy

P.S. If that Cabana Boy tries to pick up on my wife again I will have to Kick His Ass!!!

EEEEeeeeeeAAAAaaaaaaOOOOooooooWWWWWwwwwWWWw

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2005-10-16 11:40 ]

Congratulations, Sabu and Tikibelle, for two years of marriage and thank you for such a fun party! Rebecca and I enjoyed ourselves very much. I concur with Spermy that the libations were top notch. Hats off to Kick the Reverb, Tikibird, and Dr. Z! I woke up jonesin' this morning for some coconut chicken, but no hangover. A true testament to the superior nature of the beautifully crafted tiki drinks. I also enjoyed the gift of dance and the spirit in which it was delivered and received.

Mahalo,
Dave

C

Sabu & Tikibelle,
Thanks for a great party with a great vibe! Goatiki and I had a fabulous time. Always great to hang with the TC Ohana old and new.
The Reverb Crashes were fab as were the chicken and shrimp! Sabu you sho' know how to BBQ to perfection! It was the perfect balance of protein and alcohol.
Also loved the dance expression!
We've got some great pics I will post this evening!
Thanks again!

TB

Sabu & Tikibelle, had a great time at your anniversary party, & thanks for letting me bartend for the 1st time!

TBird.

I just wanted to thank everyone for such a great party. It’s always nice to have friends over for dinner and drinks. All of you made our anniversary so special. I can’t wait to see pics.

A special thanks goes out to the Pua Olena’s dancers; it was such a wonderful surprise, Thank You.

Sabu and I hope to have all of you over again next year. Mahalo!

C

Ok, here are some pics.

Our hip and happenin' hosts! Thank you for making us feel so welcome!

Sabu & Tikibelle, Ahhh L'amour! Happy #2!

Ran mixing up the infamous Reverb Crash for Jeff and the masses!

Spermy & Whalerider

Spermy, Johnny Velour, Tikibird

Jim and Dolphintiki

Posers!

Goatiki & Cyntiki ~ (more posers)

Somebody likes chicken!

That's gotta hurt!

Sabu, Tikibelle, everyone,
I had a great time, thanks for the hospitality, and for letting me bartend. Spermy and TikiBird - thanks for the drinks!
See you next year,
Ran

Sabu & Tikibelle--

Congrats again & Thanks for hosting! -- James & I had a great time!!! (sorry we had to leave early--looks like we missed some more dancing...)

It was awesome to see everyone (I won't try to name names, I'm bound to leave someone out)--can't wait for the next big shindig!!!

--Dolphin Tiki

P.S. Cyntiki--thanks for posting the photos--they came out great!!

Sabu, inspired by your mug collection (and possibly that of Dr. Z as well), I recently visited Ebay and added a few more historical mugs from the Aku Aku Lounge in vegas, a collection of Trader Dick's and, most importantly, the high-ball mugs.

Thanks so much.

Pages: 1 33 replies