Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

9/29 Last Thursday Get-together at Emeryville Trader Vic/ Oakland Conga Lounge

Pages: 1 18 replies

Thursday night 9/29 Last Thursday Get-together at Emeryville Trader Vic/ Oakland Conga Lounge!

Great tiki drinks, great tiki food, great tiki company, and great tiki decor!

7ish to 9:30ish at Emeryville's Trader Vics.
9:30ish to closing at Oakland's Conga Lounge.

Looks like we will have some out of town guests (see http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16519&forum=4&2 ) so let's give em a nice East Bay welcome! (And, some of you SF folks may want to meet up at the Tonga Room and/or SF Vics prior, but I am unable to do so).

I will see if I can sweet talk either place into discounts on food and drink ...

A
Al-ii posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 4:17 PM

In.
Mahalo,
Al

MT

On 2005-09-19 16:17, Al-ii wrote:
In.
Mahalo,
Al

Schweet!!! I'll see you there, Borba!

Us too!!!

sounds like a great group!

Trader Vic's has graciously agreed to give us a discount on the Tonga Punch ($6) that evening. Also, Conga Mike has graciously agreed to do the same discount as last time (I believe it was the Gilligan's Island and a % off appetizers)

Double zazz!

I'll see you all next week!

Ohhhh damn, I'm green with envy. Hope you guys and ladies have fun.

That's right folks...Conga Lounge will be offering a special TC discount on our signature cocktail, Gilligan's Island (Coconut Rum, Banana Liquer, Cranberry and Pineapple Juice) as well as $2.00 off our appetizers.

[ Edited by: Conga Mike 2005-09-24 15:37 ]

This just in...
The dynamic Calypso Duo (featuring 'Makers' Mike from Project Pimento and Apocalypso Now fame) will be performing on "Tiki Central Night" from 9pm onward...

Special Mahaloz to Conga Mike for arranging live music at Conga Lounge starting at 9 pm!

More info:

H

We'll be able to make it! See you guys then.

M

Sorry that we'll be in Chicago this time out. I'll just have to suffer with the Hala Kahiki.

(woohoo!)

I am only going to be able to make it to the Tonga but hope to see many of you there.....

T

Y'all have fun without me this time. I'll be in Nashville tomorrow night. Yeehaw!

see you folks tonight!

MT

Sunglasses on, looking impatiently at my watch. Is it time to go yet? It's only 1:40?!? DOHHHH!!!

that Tonga Punch is so close I can almost taste it...

Thanks to all the TC ohana who were at Trader Vic's last night. This was my first TC gathering, and it was excellent to finally meet you all. Great stories, food, and drinks shared by all. And I actually got to meet a bunch of out-of-towners: Humuhumu and Hanford, as well at Al'ii and ikitnrev! See you all soon!

Myke

I had a great time last night! Thanks for coming out everyone~

It was great to meet the new faces - Vern and Myke (with a y!).

Next month, due to scheduling issues, I think we're going to do on on the last TUESDAY of the month - 10/25 - mark your calendars...

Regards,

Jen

H

It was a fab night, always a blast with the NorCal folks. It was great to meet you tikiwinebear -- I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to give you a proper goodbye, I didn't realize you weren't joining us at Conga Lounge. Hope you'll come out to join us again! And of course, it's always a pleasure to see darling ikitnrev -- he pointed out that this was our first time seeing each other outside of the state of Florida!

Here's the link to my picture album:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/septeastbay/

And here are a few selections:

:up: Mr. Smiley, ikitnrev, tikiwinebear, Al-ii, and dangergirl299

:up: Mrs. & Mr. TikiVixen

:up: MaiTai, in a panic to catch up with us

:up: Trader Vic's drink special, Tonga Punch

:up: Vern checks out a tiki

:up: Bust of our hero, Victor Bergeron

:up: ikitnrev settles into a Conga Lounge drink, and Mr. TikiVixen (does that make him TikiFox?)

:up: Mr. Smiley, Conga Mike & cynfulcynner share a toast

:up: The flotsam & jetsam factor at Conga Lounge has increased!

:up: Mr. Smiley wishes you were here!

Pages: 1 18 replies