Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Favor for a Chicago friend

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hey, TC folk (especially the Chicago ohana)-

While I was at Tiki Exotica this July, I met an incredibly fun, sharp, cool new friend, first at the SCOTS show Friday night and then at the big shindig on Saturday. Sterno (no, I don't know how he got his name!) and I kept up thru emails. He's not a TC member, but I believe he's lurked here, and he loves the kind of stuff we all love too, despite looking more biker than barkcloth :wink:

Got this email from him yesterday, which sums up his great attitude in adversity:

Been out of sorts, and out of circulation lately; just got diagnosed with the Big C. Just started chemo, and I'm gonna cut my hair before it falls out.

Would you please notify TikiCentral that I will be cutting my hair at Prairie Moon, 1502 Sherman, Evanston, IL 60201 on Wednesday, 21 September 2005, at about 21:00. All are invited! (Prairie Moon is a full restaurant and bar, food and drinks can be ordered at any time, all-ages.)

I am asking you because I never formally signed-up to TikiCentral, and have too much to do right now. (Everybody is yelling at me to LiveJournal! Like I have time!)

Thanx,
Sterno

I think an I'm-cutting-off-my-hair-to-beat-that-bastard-chemo-to-it party ROCKS! If any of you Chicago-ites(?) or close-by folk are in a going-out mood on Wednesday or want to wish a great guy well, stop by for me. And tell him he's the best-looking guy in the place. Stupid inside joke, but he'll apreciate it :)

Thank you!
alice b

{Moderators, if you feel the need to move this to Tiki Events, feel free. It's just not a very tiki event, is all!)

T

Sterno hang in there. I lost my Mother to cancer in June. Detection's the key. A positive attitude will get you far. Keep on fighting. Wishing you the best.

Good luck, brother. Your in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong, be positive.

C

To Sterno, The 2 MOST important things are - educate yourself medically and keep your sense of humor. Hope all goes well. Positive vibes sent your way.

Pages: 1 3 replies