Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Is this tiki Witco????

Pages: 1 3 replies

D

Hi,
I am new to the forum and just signed up. We have had a tiki for about 10 years that we inherited. There is a story behind how it came to us, but I am trying to find out if it could possibly be a Witco. I never (shame on me) even heard of Witco until I was reading a tiki book by Sven ???. It is downstairs and I am to lazy to go and get it at the moment. I saw the furniture that was made for Elvis and it looks like stuff we put in an estate sale. KICK, KICK, KICK!! OK that is me kicking myself for it. We did keep the tiki. He is about 7-8 feet tall. Again, it is downstairs. I can measure later. It is very heavy. It sort of reminded me of a telephone pole. I read about the burned? look that they were making. I will try to post photos, but if they dont* dint don't donut font DOT Don Dot don dot Ont dent Dona Donn dona done Dons Mont cont dolt dong dons dost wont work, I will have to wait till tonight to get help posting them. There should be 2 photos. A top and a bottom. The top photo is not good because of the light coming thru the window. I also need to take a better photo with the entire tiki in it. Also, the hat on top of him does not belong there. It is the cone top of a grass reed umbrella that goes outside.
Thanks

http://members.aol.com/pft161/images/tiki.jpg
http://members.aol.com/pft161/images/tiki1.jpg

THAT tiki is ZAZZ!!!!

BTW, Danatwo, "ZAZZ" is a word we use on TC. It essentially means "fantastic" or something like that. : )

It sure is a Witco Tiki (bod first, head second) and yes, you may officially kick yourself for selling that Elvis-like stuff at an estate sale.

Yours Sven ??? :wink:

PS: What is the story of how you came upon it?

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2005-09-21 13:31 ]

D

Hi again,
I am still kicking myself about the other stuff! I think that I will for ever. The story is:

Back in the late 60's or early 70's my husbands grandparents bought a house on Long Beach Island, New Jersey which was still furnished. The previous owner, Mike Thomas, was a powerboat racer and was killed in an accident and most of the stuff was left in the house. Mr. Tiki had been chained to a corner in the bar room. You can see the original chain in the photo. We never took it off. The house was then passed on to his parents and them to his sister. It was then during an estate sale that we sold the other stuff. Had we been in our right minds, we would not have. We almost sold Mr. Tiki, but at the last minute, we didnt. He had been chained in the corner till we took him in '94.

Pages: 1 3 replies