Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Drei Moai

Pages: 1 15 replies

T

Just saw this on the TikiFarm website:

The page lists them as temporarily out of stock. Makes the limited edition somewhat less limited, I'd say. Whaddya think?

M

I dunno... the new one's smaller and has the two-tone glaze. So, they are noticeably different.

I'm glad that the Farm did this because I missed out on the limited edition, but I really love the design.

T

I'm glad that I chose speed tiki even though it still not sold not. I like these new ones better. Two tone is better then larger and the price, yes, much better.

T

On 2005-09-21 18:06, teaKEY wrote:
Two tone is better then larger and the price, yes, much better.

What is the price?

K

From the Tiki Farm catalog (which I just received today):
8" ht., 20 oz. capacity (the original was 8.5") price is $11.95.

I missed out on the first run so this is VERY cool indeed!

TM

I should be getting them on the website in a day or two. Don't forget your TC discount!

Man I hunted and called everywhere (from Pittsburgh) to try and get my hands on one of the larger limiteds... and i finally got it! I love the thing to death, but when i first saw the 2 tone glaze i was like WTF!!! then realised that it was smaller and that settled it for me, I have the proof that mine is one of the limited ones, and its numbered, so what the heck, I dont see anyone asking about the non limited Ape Mugs... (I have the limited one as well, and pestered those poor guys at the farm about it for awhile Thanks for putting up with me guys!)
So thats my 2 cents, let everyone enjoy a lil Drei Moai, so long as the inside stays wet! (ugh that sounds dirty LOL)
Rustbeltcat
Von Yinzer of the FOM

FA

Gotta say, I ordered the new bi-color but would love to get a hold of the BigUn'!!

I got one of the bigun's (first release, limited edition #144/250 mint condition) for trade. I've Been looking for one of these:

Gaballini - Munktiki
Custom Ape Mug - Tiki Farm

Or let me know what you have to offer.

On 2005-09-21 15:11, MachTiki wrote:
I'm glad that the Farm did this because I missed out on the limited edition, but I really love the design.

Ditto.

I didn't realize they were planning on putting this version out until yesterday when I found him at Wacko. I was at La Luz checking out the Shag show and then wandered over to the Tiki Farm area. Got him for $9.

I was at Sitting In Paradise (Sacramento, CA) this afternoon (Jan 27) and noticed they have a few of the original green, limited issue Drei Moai's available. Christine, the store owner / manager, said she recently discovered them in her storeroom, and hadn't realize they were there. I forgot to inquire how much they are, but I am sure they are below the current Ebay prices. You can get phone number and address information here...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13494&forum=2

Good Luck!
Myke

P

i have a few. i bought my first one from tiki mat. (still didn't get my discount! ;-P)

let me know if you want one.

On 2006-01-27 21:46, pdrake wrote:
i have a few. i bought my first one from tiki mat. (still didn't get my discount! ;-P)

let me know if you want one.

Didn't get your discount!?!?!? Coupon code is TCFOB, now go order another one!

By the way, if you subscribe to Tiki Magazine, there is a 15% coupon code on the BarTiki ad, now go subscribe to Tiki Magazine!

Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

Visit http://www.tiki-mug.com for The Art of Polynesian Pop

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt 2006-01-27 22:29 ]

P

i think it was personal. i took that sweet wahine from you when you were in vegas. now you hate me.

On 2006-01-27 21:27, tikiwinebear wrote:
I was at Sitting In Paradise (Sacramento, CA) this afternoon (Jan 27) and noticed they have a few of the original green, limited issue Drei Moai's available. Christine, the store owner / manager, said she recently discovered them in her storeroom, and hadn't realize they were there. I forgot to inquire how much they are, but I am sure they are below the current Ebay prices. You can get phone number and address information here...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13494&forum=2

Good Luck!
Myke

They are $55 each and still there as of Saturday January 28. Better hurry. Sorry I don't remember what the numbers where.

J

I didn't realize there were two different editions of this mug... I've been out of touch with all the new mugs since I got the vintage-only bug about 2 years ago. The only thing I do know is that I won the brown version of this mug and it is without a doubt the coolest thing I've ever won! Awesome mug - thanks again Scottiki!

Pages: 1 15 replies