Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Killer deal alert! BevMo is putting Pyrat XO on ClubBev for only $17.99!

Pages: 1 33 replies

M

Smells like this could be the end for our much loved Pyrat XO. Stock up now before it's too late... sniff!

If you're in the Costa Mesa area, Hi Times is unloading it for only $19.99.

[ Edited by: martiki 2009-12-29 18:17 ]

FA

On 2005-09-21 17:54, martiki wrote:
Smells like this could be the end for our much loved Pyrat XO. Stock up now before it's too late... sniff!

If you're in the Costa Mesa area, Hi Times is unloading it for only $19.99.

You can also get it online @ hitimewine.net along with a ton of other deals on rums. Bought the XO and three others.

P

I stopped in at the Pasadena BevMo last night and the shelves were bare of any Pyrat rums. The sales stickers were all still up, but not a drop of Pyrat rum to be had.

M

The sale should start on Tuesday the 27th. Sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase PiPhi!

H

This better be right I am on my way there.....9-27-05...oops too late. OK, like I said, I will check tomorrow.

H

Hey, I just bought the only one left at BevMo in Woodland Hills. However I went to The Green Jug on Platt Ave. and they have them on sale there for the same price. So if you leave around here check it out.

FA
P

Green Jug has a good selection of stuff at pretty decent prices. And here I thought it was my secret. I just got Cardhu single malt there and it's not available anywhere anymore.

RB

Old friend bought me a bottle of XO while on a Caribbean cruise a few weeks ago. Can't wait to get it!

I got two bottles from Hitimewine the other day, and I can't wait to try it. I also got 10 other bottles of rum, several of which I haven't had before so I have a lot of drinkin' to do.

T.J.

Hill Top Liquor in Huntington Beach ( Beach Blvd/Indianapolis) has a stack (maybe 50?) for 19.99 also. Rarley drink it but had to get one for the name.

H

$19.99 at BevMo.

Seems that the rumors of Pyrat being discontinued have been greatly exaggerated. It's available at several places around Tucson for $19.99 a bottle all day long. I wish I had stocked up when the Rum Runner was blowing it out at $14.99 a bottle, but still, its a good deal at $20.

Actually I've seen the Pyrat Pistol show up in more places lately too, for about $12.99 a bottle. This makes it definitely more expensive than the XO though. I bought one bottle from a store a year or so ago. I'd sip it only, as a 375ml bottle doesn't go too far if you are mixing. I believe the bottle I have is old stock, ie before it was bought by the Patron people, but I can only guess that the bottle I saw recently are new stock. I'll have to go back and check. Still no Pyrat Blanco though, and if there were it would likely never be as good a deal as when Trader Joe's was selling it for $7.99 a bottle. Wish I had bought a case.

Chris

S

In Massachusetts and New Hampshire I have usually paid about $36 for Pyrat XO, and $18 for Pistol. I've seen them, at one store that skyrocketed every price, for $50 and $30 respectively.

Then I started seeing XO mentioned here for $21 or $22 and thereabouts. I was aghast.

But yesterday I found Pyrat XO in a Connecticut store for $21. Happily, I bought it. And will never again buy it in Mass.

I have no idea how it could be $36 in one state and $21 a few miles away... ??

M

I can confirm that Pyrat XO, Pistol, and Cask 23 aren't going anywhere.

Pyrat White is long gone, however.

I have no idea how it could be $36 in one state and $21 a few miles away... ??

It is not the state. Well, I guess it could be.

If you are willing to pay $36 then the store makes that much more money. I have only paid about $21. I probably still have three or four bottles of the lesser priced XO. I'll start to shop again when I crack the 2nd to last bottle.

At the moment Pyrat XO is $19.99 at BevMo.

On 2007-06-17 18:26, martiki wrote:

Pyrat White is long gone, however.

I dunno....do you mean the Superior Blanco? I bought a bottle the other night. Not that they had a bunch of it, but it was there.

M

If you found it, it's dead stock. It's no longer being produced.

MT

So what is the deal on this, Martin? Several reputable sources had all confirmed at the same time that all of they Pyrat label including XO and Cask 23 would be gone soon, like by about this time now this summer. Did the parent company change their minds or something? Have rum sales in general gone up enough for them to decide to keep the label going?

I just ordered 3 botttles of Pyrat XO from http://www.internetwines.com for $106.80 and they also had the Pyrat Cask 1623 for $338.02 - BevMo had the XO for $19.99 but wouldn't ship to Florida! I don't know why the vast price difference . . . might be a sign . . .

I bet you feel more like you do now now than you did when you came in.

GH

[ Edited by: GentleHangman 2007-07-06 06:42 ]

M

On 2007-07-06 03:54, Mai Tai wrote:

So what is the deal on this, Martin? Several reputable sources had all confirmed at the same time that all of they Pyrat label including XO and Cask 23 would be gone soon, like by about this time now this summer. Did the parent company change their minds or something? Have rum sales in general gone up enough for them to decide to keep the label going?

Pyrat's parent company (Patron Spirits) has had a change of heart- they are going to keep running the product to see if it can gain some more traction in the market. They are going to put some renewed marketing $$$ behind it as well. Still no plans to bring back the white.

MT

For me it's good news to know that it will still be around - glad to see that someone at Patron decided to keep it. Too bad I "stocked up" anticipating it to be discontinued. My wallet is still aching from that one. But at least I won't have to buy any Pyrat for a couple of years, at least! Hey, anyone need an extra bottle of Cask 23? :D Seriously.

"It's Mai Tai. It's out of this world." - Victor Jules Bergeron Jr.

[ Edited by: Mai Tai 2007-07-08 18:25 ]

Update, approximately one year later..

I haven't checked the prices at the local stores, or even if Pyrat is available stateside. However, it is still around as we brought back a bottle of the XO from the factory in Anguilla. They also had the Pistol, 1623 and some gawdawful sweet stuff (maybe one of the latter?). Paid $28.

Interesting note, the factory in Anguilla only blends and bottles the Pyrat rums--but does not distill them. I'm guessing they are distilled at Patron's factory in Mexico (or Las Vegas?).

XO is still on the shelf with frequent supply restocks at most of the stores around me. The price has gone up a little though, from $19.99 to about $22-24 these days. I bought three bottles (all they had) when one store had it on sale for $17.99. I wish they would drop the brass medallion... seems to be a bit of a waste, as I've got a rather large collection of them already.

Chris

On 2008-07-21 23:52, Kona Chris wrote:
I wish they would drop the brass medallion... seems to be a bit of a waste, as I've got a rather large collection of them already.

send them to me and I'll make a bikini out of them..

MT

I still have an extra bottle of Cask 23, in case anyone is interested in it. Interesting trades considered, too! You can post here, or send me a PM.

M

Pyrat rums are a blend of rums distilled in the Caribbean and South America, and the blend (and amount of orange flavoring) changes a lot. The current formulation of XO is to my taste, undrinkable.

S

You know, XO runs all the way up to $44 here in Boston. I found it for as low as $37 somewhere I think (gasp!). I just can't bring myself to spend that after being accustomed to the $19.99 price back home.

Suzanne

H

Pyrat XO is on sale again at Bev Mo if anyone is interested.

MN

On 2009-12-27 08:58, hiltiki wrote:
Pyrat XO is on sale again at Bev Mo if anyone is interested.

$17.99!!

H

Be sure to try the Pyrat Pistol. Also on sale at Bev-Mo ($9.99 for 375ml normally $19.99). It's a step up from the XO.

It's very convenient being within walking distance of High Time Liquor , however
not so good on the ole' pocket book.

On 2010-02-02 09:16, 1961surf wrote:
It's very convenient being within walking distance of High Time Liquor , however
not so good on the ole' pocket book.

I live about .6 miles away. It has definitely become my favorite place to spend $$$$$!

Pages: 1 33 replies