Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tales of Tiki Mysteries

Pages: 1 1 replies

A

A few of you have heard the tale of how my sister (Tikivixen) and I were reunited :D after loosing track of each other a few years ago.

We owe it to this guy:

I'm a grad student in archaeology in North Carolina, and as part of the assistantship that keeps me in bread and tiki mugs I was tasked with going through all of our donated collections to find interesting things to put in some new display cases. A couple of the boxes held 'curios' collected by a local woman during her travels around the world. One of those curios was this tiki carving (at least, I thought it was a tiki carving).

I decided to do a little internet search about things 'tiki' - and somehow ended up here at Tiki Central. What the heck...might as well look around the forums, see what's happening here...I was just really impressed with how nice everybody is! Eventually, I got into the thread about helping Purple Jade - saw one of Tikivixen's auction links, liked what I saw and bought it.

Now, we've both been ebayers for a long time, and sometimes our tastes in things overlap...so perhaps it was inevitable that we would connect?

I think not

Anyway, I soon got an email - and all was revealed!

Well, that's my tale of Tiki Mystery

WHAT'S YOURS?

amiotiki (or as Sabu calls me, amniocentiki) hahaha

[ Edited by: amiotiki 2005-09-22 14:44 ]

[ Edited by: amiotiki 2005-09-22 14:45 ]

I need closure to that anecdote!

Could you point to or retell how you and your sister lost touch with each other and found one another?

Pages: 1 1 replies