Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Arturo's Restaurant -- it's like an Eichler in Mexico!

Pages: 1 2 replies

I've been wanting to get to Arturo's Restaurant ever since Sabu took me there a few days after I moved to Los Angeles. We didn't stay for a meal, we just popped our heads in -- it's a really lovely, airy, mid-century modern restaurant, and feels very Eichler-ish. Dawntiki has mentioned that she drove past recently and thought the building was gone, can anyone confirm, or better yet, deny?

If it's still there, it's high time we got a group together at Arturo's. We'll be back in the Los Angeles area to catch our flight out of Long Beach the Wednesday evening before Hukilau -- that's October 5. Would anyone be up for dinner there that night? Or perhaps another night? (I can't say for sure when we'll be back in Los Angeles beyond our Hukilau commitment, but we will be back.)

p.s. -- Oh yeah, small detail; here's the address:

25720 Western Ave
Harbor City, CA 90710

(Near Torrance)

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 23:03 ]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 23:03 ]

I drove by it not too long ago and I remember it being there (one of those places I always careen (sp?) my neck at to look at, but never been inside) It's on the corner of PCH and western behind the stripmall thingy.

H

Heya -- got some PMs asking about tonight, it turns out we won't be able to make it, it woudl be cutting it too close for our flight. But it must happen at some point! Don't know when we'll be in L.A. next, it might be a while (November?).

Pages: 1 2 replies