Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki time capsule

Pages: 1 12 replies

Has anyone ever done something like this?

I'm remodeling on of our bathrooms, and just put up the acrylic shower wall panels I stashed a small tiki figurine in the wall and dated it.

So maybe 20, 30, 50 years fom now the new owner may remodel and find this weird old relic. He'll mention it to a neighbor, and the neighbor will say, "yeah, they used to have the best tiki parties."

I

FA

I love it!! Great idea. Think I will stick a cocojoes in a wall the next time we remodel. Cool idea Raff!

Ha! Cool. Planting the seeds for future urban archeologists.

Can you imagine the shock, surprise and confusion a person will experience when they discover such a thing? It will take them a while to understand that it was done "for fun," and even AFTER they come to this realization, they will still be taken aback!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 7:28 AM

Cool idea. An aussie comedian had a similar idea:

The idea is that the first thing most people do when they have bought a new house is to rip down the old wallpaper and put some new stuff up. Well, you rip the old paper down and write in blood red paint "I will kill again", and wallpaper over it. 10, 20 years down the track someones gonna pull down that wallpaper and freak out :)

Hey Procinema, I wasn't thinking somebody would freak. I hope not, but who knows, if you're right, this could spark the next Amityville Horror.

Well, it's not necessarily a BAD thing for someone to be surprised. It may make a very boring day into a very entertaining day for them. I'm pretty sure that when someone rips down a wall, all they expect to see, really, is wall...but, now, if there was a face or figure of some kind, buried within that wall...or even something like a book or worse still a photograph...I would bet that there'd be at least a little bit of "Golly gosh wow! HMMM??" going on.

When we tore down the three layers of fake wood paneling in the dining room whomever put it up originally wrote his name in the glue. I think it said DOUG or something like that.

My Dad made a hidden treasure stash in his parents place I've only seen a couple of times. He used to keep comics and toys in there, behind a removable panel in the living room. When Grandma died and the house was sold I don't think he told them about it - it was quite large, a good 2' X 2' anyhow. I hope their kids discover it some day.

I love this idea of hiding things for others to discover. When we start putting up the walls in the basement suite, and a new shower in the washroom, you can bet I'll be hiding a few bits of tiki treasure.

During all the remodeling we've done, all we found was a check for 116 dollars to an insurance co., dated 1969. Strange that the bank wouldn't honor it.

A last minute change of the position of the medicine cabinet has left me with one more opportunity to stash stuff in my bathroom wall. Any suggestions?

a geraldo rivera poster!

Our "new" house is 70-years-old. The lady who died there this year, two months shy of her 108th birthday, lived there most of her adult life. You better believe I'm gonna be spending time looking for secret stashes.

Like....oh, you know...gold doubloons or bullion!!

Love the tiki idea!

On 2005-10-06 10:03, Johnny Dollar wrote:
a geraldo rivera poster!

:lol:

Pages: 1 12 replies