Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki Terrace

Pages: 1 16 replies

K

Aloha Everyone. I finally had a minute to look through the procedure for posting pics. Hope this goes ok.

Anyhow, I hope to get your feedback for the first four photos. I am not sure if I like them??? They still need stain or paint.. this might help a bit. If I get positive feedback, I will install... if not, I might start over.

The last two photos are a finished spitting maoi with pond we installed at Barefoot Hawaiian in Des Plaines IL. I like this one. Not sure about the other three though (honestly, I think they are too fat, but not sure)

Anyhow, I will start posting more pics of the build out.

Thanks in advance!
Kalani.

M
Moki posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 10:53 AM

The picture look interesting. Would love to see them a bit bigger :wink:

you can get the pictures larger.....in shutterfly, click on the thumbnail and copy the "properties" of the larger picture and patse that into the TC thread.

Good luck!!

M
Moki posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 11:16 AM

I really wanted to see these :wink:
Here you go!!

Wow!! Keep up the good work!!!

Wow these are big nosed tiki's! ;)

FA

Me likely! Very original looking Moai, squat, and the nose really gives them personality. Look forward to seeing more pictures.

I love the fountain!! I saw it up close when I picked ujp the shirt at barefoot hawaiian....not so sure about the carl malden moai though...

B

Welcome to TC, Kalani, Nice Moai and very original. I would leave them as is. If you want to change them do it in future ones as these look great!.
Thanks for sharing your works.

Very nice Moki!
How much do those babys weigh? Do you have any photos of the building process?
Wes

wow.. cool stuff, hope you´ll share some more pictures soon!

F
foamy posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2005 8:18 AM

They are for sure, quite distinctive – and look fabulous in a planted setting. Carry on!

K

On 2005-09-26 07:06, Moondance wrote:
Very nice Moki!
How much do those babys weigh? Do you have any photos of the building process?
Wes

Yes, I too would love to know the process of building these. Are they built of materials for indoor use only? I would love try something similar for outdoor placement, but don't know where to begin.

Kanekila

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 05:35:04 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Feb 8, 2006 8:26 AM

M

Are you going to put nostrils in their noses? Such big noses deserve nostrils!

C
c10 posted on Wed, Feb 8, 2006 4:11 PM

I liked the one in the back of the truck. I'd like to see it on the road.

How are they made? i like them very cool

On 2005-09-25 11:22, Tiki Rotterdam wrote:
Wow these are big nosed tiki's! :wink:

I think if these fellows are instaled at chest height or highter the noses will actually help create an optical illusion that the whole moai is absolutely massive even though they're only four foot tall. I think they're great! Nice work.

Pages: 1 16 replies