Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

The brand new Gecko Mug "VOODOO"

Pages: 1 35 replies

OK all you mug collectors..........Gecko has been working his ass off getting these mugs ready for the Hukilau and now they're ready. This is Gecko's third in his Exotica Artist Series. It is the official Robert Drasnin "Voodoo" mug. They will ONLY be available at the Hukilau 2005 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It will be first come, first serve. These are Artist Proofs that will be a strict Limited Edition of 30. The price is $150 each and come with a custom designed tag made by Doug Horne of Swampfire Lounge. These will be signed by both Gecko and Robert Drasnin. Before you get sticker shock take a look at the mug here....

http://cgi.ebay.com/hula-girl-and-gecko-tiki-mug_W0QQitemZ7715514022QQcategoryZ29460QQcmdZViewItem

Please bring "cash only" please. If we have a computer hookup we might do Paypal therwise it is strictly cash. So start saving up folks the Hukilau is less than 2 weeks away!!

See Ya There,
Jeff

H
hewey posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 9:03 PM

Wow man. Awesome mug! I love it. Im not gonna be there, but good luck with the selling

Aloha ....are there going to be any augie mugs there, at the Hukilau???

[ Edited by: FreddieBallsomic 2005-09-28 07:26 ]

Unfortunately no. The Artist Proofs of the Augie Colon mug are strictly eBay only. Actually Gecko wanted to sell the "new" Robert Drasnin mugs on eBay as well because he knows he could make more money that way. That's why this is a special deal to get these at the $150 cost mark. Currently the Augie mugs sell between $160-$180 each on eBay and they are almost gone. The regular edition should be coming out soon though. Hope this helps.

Jeff

T

I like the skulls

But I like the hula girl mug.

wait til you see my mugs here of TikiCentral.

Here is a photo of Gecko showing one of his new mugs. I took this photo at the 91st birthday party for Annette Nahinu held the other night.

It is a great mug, with lots of detail and I want one!

Guess I'd better sell lots of Ikebana containers so I can afford one of these!

Great Picture WenikiTiki,

That mug is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Jeff

T

I thought that I saw Gecko tonight on "Dog the Bounty HUnter" show. They were at a cage match fight.

On 2005-09-28 19:50, teaKEY wrote:
I thought that I saw Gecko tonight on "Dog the Bounty HUnter" show. They were at a cage match fight.

I thought the same thing! But wasn't the fight on another island? I only caught a little bit of the show, just enough to think "Hey! Isn't that..."

Looks like GECKO is under the effects of the "SPOTTED GECKO", small, bloodshot eyes, silly grin..... oh, silly me, thats a picture before he drank one. Great pictures Wendy! I've seen the mug in person and its great!!! aprox 5 different glazes and hefty to boot. Thanks for posting pictures of Annettes birthday. mahalo, Freddie (hoku)

DANG! Freddie, I forgot to tell you thanks for the drink... It's a wonder I could take photos after that "Spotted Gecko"... and the Mai Tais.

So have other people been drinking the "Spotted Gecko" and now they think they've spotted Gecko on "Dog, The Bounty Hunter"?

K

gecko is so awsome, I just got one of these mugs,I cant wait for it to arive...

M

That is one fine looking mug!!! Congratulations to Gecko and all you lucky devils that'll get one!

Matty

Gecko........very cool mugs.

SF

I was psyched when Gecko contacted my about doing a painting for his "Voodoo" limited edition mug/tag. Below are a couple of pics of the painting. The lamp on the right is from his personal collection and the tiki up on the sign is one of his own carvings. We are offering limited edition Giclee prints (edition of only 25) at Hukilau 13"X19".

Detail

Thanks for posting the pictures of your wonderful prints Doug! They really look nice. I have these in hand and will be bringing these with me to the Hukilau.

See everyone soon!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

That's red hot. I like it. :)

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Oct 2, 2005 9:00 AM

Nice picture Doug. Its nice to see two TC members working together to produce a more outstanding presentation.

SF

Thanks everyone, I wish I could be there.

So I'm like, never going to get out of debt.

S

Man, I need to get to Gecko's place. Topless wahines at the bar is great. But Would my wahine have to go topless?

Doug, love all your work!

P
pablus posted on Sun, Oct 2, 2005 8:13 PM

I'm just floored by this thread.
The art is amazing.

I gotta get me a Gecko.
Dude is phasing right now on these Exotica mugs.
Great idea but incredible development and presentation.

We gotta open a TC museum.
We just gotta.

K

The print at the Hukilau were awesome, thinking about purchasing one of them. The mug was not there when I was, maybe someone can tell me if the mugs arrived on Saturday.

They arrived on Saturday and are sweeeet.

They look absolutely INCREDIBLE in person..... I got #9!

T

The Voodoo mug is incredible. I was lucky enough to get #4. Now I just have to build a shrine to put it on.

Doug- That painting is one FINE piece of art. You never cease to amaze with your great style!

Are the prints and mugs still available or sold out. Didnt get a chance to see 'em at Hukilau. But then again after hangin with my homies at KreepyTiki, everything was a bit blurred. Maholla Back!!

FA

On 2005-10-13 18:16, FreddieBallsomic wrote:
Are the prints and mugs still available or sold out. Didnt get a chance to see 'em at Hukilau. But then again after hangin with my homies at KreepyTiki, everything was a bit blurred. Maholla Back!!

Freddie you one pimp daddy-o!! :P

K

got my #3 mug today in the mail. It is awesome, very detailed mug. I love the skulls on the top of the mug.
I think the rest of the mugs are going to be posted on Ebay later, I do not know about the prints.

Glad you liked the mug kbgator. I want to personally thank everyone who bought one of Gecko's "Voodoo" mug at the Hukilau this year. Gecko has put the remaining 15 mugs in his eBay store at a "Buy it Now" price of $150. He also mentioned that when these 15 are gone that's it! They are too difficult and time consuming to make. I am not sure about the prints but get these mugs quick!!

Get the mug here...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7720811094&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

HRT

Just got # 20 of 25, and this is a AWESOME mug, looks like its carved from wood and has fire in its mouth.

Just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Hudson

YES digging up an old old post.
Looking for the mug in the picture - I have the print so you know the deal..

Gecko Voodoo mug.
Its been a while maybe someone wants to let theirs go?

Mahaloz
PM or jump in here..

Exciting news!... I will be putting my VOODOO mug (#9 of 30) up for sale on e-bay mid-week.... !!!

I will re-post then with the link...

OK, my Gecko mug (#9 of only 30 made) commemorating Robert Drasnin's milestone Voodoo album is now active on ebay with a starting price equal to what I paid for it over 12 years ago!

See it and bid on it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/202032126452?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

When Robert Drasnin passed away he left me his personal Voodoo mug.

I will cherish it forever! :)

Miss you Bob.

Pages: 1 35 replies