Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

The drinks of 007

Pages: 1 3 replies

I posted this link in another thread, but I thought it was so cool that it deserved its own. What's better than spys and liquor? Okay, Tikis and liquor, but it's pretty cool anyway.
http://home.earthlink.net/~atomic_rom/007/intro.htm

[ Edited by: Urban Tiki 2005-09-29 05:59 ]

I think this is an excellent website and here's one of my favorite parts:

During his first morning in Jamaica, Bond asks Quarrel if he’s had breakfast. The Cayman Islander replies he’s had “Salt fish an’ ackee an’ a tot of rum.” When 007 remarks that’s “tough stuff to start the day on,” Quarrel replies, “Mos’ refreshin’.”

Did the current (and now past) Pierce Bronson drink in his films?

I am plagued by the one horrible memory of him hitting of the bottle of Kamchata. The true Bond would never drink something like Kamchata and never hit off the bottle, unless maybe he was casting off the line in order to celebrate in the middle of the Caribbean with a new friend.

Right you are Satan's Sin. One of my favourite Bond lines happens to come from Goldfinger:

“My dear girl, there are some things that just aren’t done, such as drinking Dom Perignon ’53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s as bad as listening to The Beatles without ear muffs.”

Bottoms up old man!

Pages: 1 3 replies