Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Addictive Tiki Themed Room Breakdown - Looking for Rug Suggestions?

Pages: 1 6 replies

I just moved. And have put aside absolutely every priority in my life for the love of my room.
and I must say. its lookin pretty darned good.

my only problem now is looking for a rug. rugs have that fine line where kitch meets tacky.

im trying to keep a very traditional beach house look. with more of a focus on my art and tiki collection and whatnot then other decor. so what i am trying to find is soemthing that has a simple Hawaiian Vintage Textile look. in brown and beige'y tones.

Wherever i look i just find bold stuff. Any sugestions?

T

Lets see a pic of the tiki room!

There are some cool rugs made of bamboo slats woven together with soft cord, and edged in cloth..... really cool unless you're looking for something soft and plushy....

Easy to find.... Target online has a big selection of them

Target Bamboo Rugs

I love what I have - Cost Plus World Market sells woven grass squares in foot-wide strips, 3 different colors (shades of light tan to light brown). One 9-foot long strip costs $10, and I bought an eleven foot wide set (all one piece). TO-tally made the room! Mr Smiley's tiki room has the same - that's where I got the idea from, I think. You can dig up fotos of his zazzy room on TC (I don't have time right now - sorry!)

"Zazz captivates felt."

[ Edited by: Formikahini 2005-09-29 13:19 ]

TM

I like Sea Grass rugs. Check 'em out here: http://store.yahoo.com/cntrading/seagrassrug.html

I just saw a cool knotted rope rug at lowes, about $125. its pretty big. it will go nice in the nautical half of my lounge.

I searched for "Tiki" at Bed and Bath the other day and found this one. It comes in 3 sizes and isn't cheap, or evidently inexpensive either!

It is in nice soft colors and looks retro! Have fun decoration and post photos when you are done!

I'm going to do a Tiki Bathroom in the pool bath right by my Leaning Toward Being a Tiki Bar on the Lanai.

Pages: 1 6 replies