Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

name of tiki god of money

Pages: 1 11 replies

I am painting my bike with the tiki god of money and need its name, it will be the name of my cruiser. any help would be great
HELP PLEASE!

[ Edited by: tabu tiki 2005-09-30 00:47 ]

S

I do not know, but if you find out let me know, we have a 6 foot resin one in the backyard, as well as a flounder burlap painting of the guy. It would be nice to know his name if there is one other than "God of money"

I think it's "Kala Nui"

D

well, according to Archie Mc Phee (Outfitters of Popular Culture , and well known historians) its Lako Wai Wai, God of Wealth

Kala Nui is Hawaiian, Lako Wai Wai is Fijian.

are we sure ? i dont want to be wrong

Here are three references to Kala Nui - god of money:

here

here

here

On 2005-09-30 09:52, ookoo lady wrote:
Kala Nui is Hawaiian, Lako Wai Wai is Fijian.

I thought it was Laka Moo Lah? And his main shrine was on Mount Wanahokaloogi? Or was it Mount Kamonawanalaya?

B

ooko lady, thanks for bumping that up and finding that token.
I have never seen that before. The 3 years I was out there, the Trop never had that token. I placced a bid, maybe I'll get lucky, I really would like it.
Actually I would like to know what happened to the original carvings, where they went when they sold.. No one seems to know. Thanks.

On 2005-09-30 13:59, Benzart wrote:
ooko lady, thanks for bumping that up and finding that token.
I have never seen that before. The 3 years I was out there, the Trop never had that token. I placced a bid, maybe I'll get lucky, I really would like it.
Actually I would like to know what happened to the original carvings, where they went when they sold.. No one seems to know. Thanks.

Ben , I talked to at least 6 diffent people and no one could give me or wanted to give me any info on the carvings.

I tried to track down the landscaping manager as you had said and had no luck. I hope that someone from Vegas could find out for us and post it.

The Simoleans called him the "Etmuk Man".
His wife is called "Kala Awl Maaina"

8T

I bet she has all the money!

Pages: 1 11 replies