Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Monterey Pine coming down in Northern California

Pages: 1 3 replies

Howdy all Northern Calif carvers.

I am having a very tall Monterey Pine removed from my backyard. The tree cutters will be here Monday thru Wednesday this week (October 3-5, 2005) to remove it. The base of the tree measures 102 inches in circumference, and is at least 35 feet tall.

I can envision a few tikis being carved from the main trunk, but don't have the expertise, myself. I am hoping someone in the Northern California area might be able to use it. You would have to haul it from my house in Santa Rosa.

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].

I would also be interested, as an option, to commission someone to carve a tiki for me from the tree, using a portion of the trunk.

Mahalo!!

BUMP

Last chance opportuntiy. The tree cutters arrived this morning.

Thanks!
Myke

B

Sorry I live so far away, I would love to have some.
Thanks

Well, the tree came down as planned, back in October. But I retained a 3 foot section of one of the huge limbs, as well as a disk from the trunk (for a table or bench). I recently contacted JungleTrader, Turlock CA, and commissioned him to carve a tiki from the limb, to help keep the mana of the felled tree, happy. JungleTrader did a fantastic job in carving the tiki for me. The limb was still green and wet inside, so it must have been one heck of a job! By the summertime, JT said I can burn the detail so the tiki's features will be more visible. Thanks again, Vic!!

Here is JungleTrader and my new tiki:

Pages: 1 3 replies