Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau Surf report (update Tues PM!!!)

Pages: 1 21 replies

M
McTiki posted on Mon, Oct 3, 2005 5:47 AM

Lookin promising for longboarders 1~3 ft choppy peaks with stiff onshores.

http://www.sunny.org/visitors/index.cfm See webcam of beach

Mahalo

[ Edited by: McTiki 2005-10-04 15:53 ]

Stiff onshores?
Just like a day on the Great Lakes!

Any waves are good waves when the water is 85 degrees though, we're in the 40's!

MG

Who's bringing their boards to Hukilau?
I can't. As one of the vendors, I'm all ready bringing to much stuff as it is. I want to surf if I can rent or borrow a board. One of my customers lives in Dearfield who is a shaper. Hopefully he can bring some boards down. Hope we can get a good glassy session in.

M
McTiki posted on Mon, Oct 3, 2005 7:10 AM

There's a tropo system off the coast that may give us a extra special treat. I'm still watching it. I don't want to bring the wrong boards.

MG

CRAP.... MAYBE I WILL BRING MY BOARD!

I've been riding a little 5'6" fish.

I'll have the 9'0" strapped to the roof.
I'm going fish shopping next week... can't go to Florida and not bring home another board!

M
McTiki posted on Mon, Oct 3, 2005 7:26 AM

9'.2" glider for the Wahine
6'10" Fun shape & spankin new WRV 8.0' sweet hull

Where'd I put my freakin wax

TG

There will be a 9'0" longboard strapped to the top of my trailer. You never know.....that little system off the Bahamas could push a little our way if it stays west of the Islands..........

M
McTiki posted on Mon, Oct 3, 2005 8:06 AM

Just PM'd ya G

P

Hey listen.
I've been swimming pretty strongly doing laps in the pool, am certified to dive, can float in 10 inches of water and have lost 54 pounds in the last several months.

Can someone give me a couple lessons on a long board?

I won't be a burden - I just want to try it.

You'll get a good laugh out of it if nothing else.

I'm stuck inside most of the weekend but am hoping to do dawn patrol Friday and Saturday if there are waves. I can talk to you Thursday night and if not the longboard I'll have the bodyboard along too... we can get you into some waves!

M
McTiki posted on Mon, Oct 3, 2005 1:20 PM

PABLUS, No worries ! I'm bringing a pretty forgiving wideglide 9'2" longboard, and yes, I can show you some basics to get ya going. Warning You thought Tiki was adicting? Whoa. I started @ 12 yrs old in Manhattan Beach Cali and have surfed all over. I'm on the mellow & warm coast now where there aren't fights in the lineup if there is a lineup. Yeah Pablus we will hook you up.

Mahalo

P
pablus posted on Mon, Oct 3, 2005 1:49 PM

All I am saying is
Give Pig a chance.

Mahalo braddahs!

TG

No worries Pablus, we got you covered, but as a vendor having to surf early, getting up is going to be tough. Hell we can come drag you out of bed if we have to!

G.

Got ot go out today, and it felt good just to get wet. This is a link to the local surf cams with reports. Possibly the most accurate in South Florida. The forecast calls for continued surf for most of the week due to a tropical system churning away. Keep your fingers crossed.
As far as where to surf - Out front of the Bahia Mar is all beach break with a consistant sand bar about 2 miles north of the hotel. Florida surfers know that it can all change as the days where on. I look forward to seeing you all in the water.

P
pablus posted on Mon, Oct 3, 2005 7:58 PM

I've got a big champagne suburban 1500 with a couple of tiki stickers on it.

I took out the very back seat already so we can pile in my car and head up if we need to.

I love playing the uke at the beach.
It's supposed to be there.

As far as getting up early, don't worry about me, I won't be doing much in the way of intoxicants so I'll be ready.

M

Who has an extra board I can ride?

7-0 or longer

M
McTiki posted on Tue, Oct 4, 2005 3:51 PM

Update and data are promising. Fri AM is the call! Sat should be mellow sweetness. South winds will mean paddling but, hey, Floridian's are used to it. A drift in Cali ain't quite the same.

I remember the channels and lanes in Manhattan bch that would literally scoot you out to the break.

This is Boca Raton, just a ways* (* "ways" = 30-60 miles) north of where we are going to be.

Mahaloz

Sooooooo.....
How was it? Who paddled out and who got the wave of the day? Warm water?
I hope y'all had fun hangin 'um.

Chongolio

M

It pretty much sucked Chongolio! Howling onshores for the first 2 days, then it just went flat and mushy. Warm though! Nobody missed a thing surfwise. Tiki G was the trooper and actually got up early Sat to wave spy and notify us. He promptly went back to bed.

Pages: 1 21 replies