Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Doug Horne aka Swamp Fire Lounge in So. Cal.

Pages: 1 14 replies

SF

Aloha fellow tiki peeps!
I have a couple of shows scheduled in Southern California and I'd love to meet some fellow tikifiles. I'm debuting a new painting that will be featured on the cover of Tiki Magazine. I will also have the new tiki mugs, Gulp, Goon and Grog. These are not tiki/Hawaiian shows but I will be represent 'n at my booth. Link to the Originals web site is below.

Free tickets for the Originals/Havest Festival shows. Just e-mail me your address and how many tickets you want and I will send them off to you. Schedule below.

October 14th,15th and 16th Originals Harvest Festival in San Diego, Ca. at the Convention Center 111 W. Harbor Dr.

October 21st, 22nd and 23rd Originals Harvest Festival in Long Beach Ca. Convention Center 300 E. Ocean Blvd.

November 15th, 16th and 17th Originals Havest Festival in Scottsdale AZ at West World 16601 N. Pima Rd.

December 2nd, 3rd and 4th Tempe Festival of the arts in downtown Tempe, booth #1125 on Mill Ave.

http://www.tempefestivalofthearts.com/index.html
http://www.originalsartandcraftshow.com

Hope to see you there!
Doug aka Swampfire

I survived the head-hungry Jivaro tribe!
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2005-10-03 09:58 ]

J
john posted on Mon, Oct 3, 2005 1:45 PM

cool, i should be there, tryin to peddle my wares too
-john

T

My wife goes to the harvest festival every year in Long Beach. She usually goes with her Mom and/or my Mum. Any number of free tickets would be greatly appreciated, and I'll convince the wife to buy as many tiki mugs as we can afford! It may not be much, but it'll have to do. Maybe even a print. I always covet those when I see 'em. Do you have to pay for the free tix that you give out? I don't want to impose.....

John, are you doing the Tempe show? I'll be looking for you. Your glass work rocks!

Tikijosh, not a problem at all. They send me tickets to give out. Just e-mail me your mailing address and how many you want.

[email protected]

SF

Thought I would post a detail of the cover art for the fall issue of Tiki Magazine, a sneak peek. I will be offering limited edition prints, low numbers at the San Diego and Long Beach shows as listed in the original post. Hope to see some fellow tiki peeps there. e-mail me for free tickets.

I love your work Doug. It was good to meet you last year at Huki '04. Hope to meet you again sometime and suck up some Mai Tai's and talk story.

Thanks JT, I wish I could have made it this year. I would have killed to see Robert Drasnin.

K

absolutly brilliant...Your extremly talented,I love your work,the detail is amazing.hopefuly I can head out to the long beach show and see your stuff in person...mahalo...

M

Went to the festival in San Diego and Doug's art was easily the highlight of the entire show! We had planned on buying 1 print and a mug. Due to our inability to eliminate any of our favorites, we ended up with 5 prints. You must see his art in person to appreciate the details that go into them and the very high quality print job. His tiki mugs are inspired and definitely among the best new mugs out there.

Also shared some cocktails with Doug and Stacey (who is also a very talented jewelry artist) at the OnaTiki lounge on the previous evening. That place looks better every time I see it!

Doug, hope you had a great time in San Diego. Thanks again for the great art, the tickets, and the TC discount!

ModMana :drink:

WooHoo! Looking forward to the Long Beach Art Show tomorrow night. Anyone else going???

WooHooo! Doug's Booth at The Long Beach Harvest Craft Show is the highlight of the show. Soccer Tiki and I had the opportunity to meet Doug last night and purchased a set of Tiki Mugs and the print which will be on the cover of next month's Tiki Magazine. This is an opportunity that you don't want to let pass by. The show goes through Sunday. 10/23 :)
Make sure you check out his girlfriend's booth right next to his too! She has some unique Tiki Jewelry :)

K
kirby posted on Sat, Oct 22, 2005 5:11 PM

Doug It was great meeting you and chatting about art,I was super impressed at all your work . I feel so bad I couldnt get a print at this time but I definatly want one when i get sum cash...Your a top notch artist...late

Mod Mania, it was great meeting you guys in San Diego. Stacey and I had a great time with you at the OnaTiki Lounge. You guys are lucky to be so close to Ric and Monicas, if we lived in your area we would be the guests that would'nt leave.

WooHoo Wahine and Soccer Tiki, thanks you guys. It was great meeting you. I'm sure I will be in the area again in the near future and we can talk some more.

Kirby, hey thanks for dropping in and thanks for the cool pendant. Maybe next time we can go for some drinks.

T

Doug, I just recieved Goon for my birthday. I love him! Keep up the good work.

T

BTW, Doug, thanks for the tickets! My wife and associated female relatives said they had a good time. Thanks again!

Pages: 1 14 replies