Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Special Event! Spirit of Polynesia LIVE at Trader Vic's San Francisco October 13! Read on!

Pages: 1 19 replies

M

Aloha!

I know everyone is jazzed about Hukilau right now (rightly so!), but I just got confirmation for an exciting upcoming event at Trader Vic's that you won't want to miss!

Spirit of Polynesia, the Bay Area's premier Polynesian revue will be performing at Trader Vic's San Francisco on Thursday, October 13th from 6:30 to 9:30 pm.

That's right: Live traditional music & dance right in the heart of the beautiful new SF Trader Vic's!

PLUS:

Discount appetizer and drink specials!

BIG PLUS:

Just say "I'm with Tiki Central" to your server or bartender and your first drink is on us!

Did you hear that? I said Trader Vic's is buying YOU a drink. How cool is that?

The perfect way to unwind on a Thursday night and ease your way back to reality after Hukilau.

Don't miss it!

For more info about Spirit of Polynesia, see:
http://www.spiritofpolynesia.com/index.htm

Post to this thread if you're thinking about coming so we can get a rough headcount.

Mahalo!!

M

I got a couple of heads here.

Ya know, I am with Tiki Central. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Someone call Security!
midnite

M

Just announced: More details about the event!

Check out the special offers:

Blue Hawaiian, Mai Tai, Bahia, Trader Vic's Own Punch, Menhune Juice: All just $5!

Scorpion Bowls & Kava Bowls: Only $10!

And amazing appetizers- all NEW from our chef just for this event:

-Huli Huli style Hawaiian Tuna
-Rumaki
-Spicy Baked Shrimp with Macadamia Nuts
-Pineapple Marinated Hawaiian Spareribs
-Golden Fried Hawaiian Mahi Mahi with Maui Onion Dip
-Grilled Lamb with Mango Chutney

Only $8 each!

That will chase away the post-Hukilau blues!!

So, are you bar tending? Because we missed you the night of the art show, and baby boy is behaving himself much better these days. We were thinking of coming into the city for this! Baby Pineapple finally fits into one of his adorable aloha/tiki outfits and he needs to bust it out before he bust out of it! We can actually time his feedings so I can have a cocktail these days! WOOHOO!

Count us 3 pineapples in!

M

Post Hukilau Bump!

Bump! Bump!

M

And I hope to not be bartending, so that I may hang wit ma peeps. But I might. We shall see...

T

WWJD? Be at Trader Vic's this Thursday! I can't think of anything better to cure the post Mai-Kai blues then to have a few well-made tropical drinks by martiki.

M

My apologies for the incessant bumping, and I don't mean to step on all the great Hukilau stories, but c'mon team bay area- come on out!

It's what The Jab would do!

M

*Just say "I'm with Tiki Central" to your server or bartender and your first drink is on us! *

Free drink!!! Heck, I'd listen to Celine Dion* cd's for a free Vic's libation.

midnite

• Martiki is not bringing his record collection, right?
O
Otto posted on Wed, Oct 12, 2005 2:27 PM

I'll be there around 7:30, Crazy Al might be there too!?!?

M

I HAD OTHER PLANS, but I'm changing my mind and I'll be going to see Franken-Martiki!!!! :)

Pineapples (baby included) are planning on being there, 730-ish

M

I'm thirsssty!

T

Thanks Martiki for the fun event. Wish this could be a monthly happening. Hint.

We even got to see a baby pineapple. Despite mrsmiley's attempts baby pineapple would not taste the Mai Tai.

The San Francisco Trader Vic staff were exceptional as usual. It was tempting to stay and party with them after hours but my wallet is mighty thin after Hukilau. Perhaps next time.

On 2005-10-14 10:47, thejab wrote:

Dean that's a fabulous idea! We can incorporate it into our monthly bay area mini-crawl. SF Vics 5-6:30; Emeryville Vics 7-9; Conga Lounge Oakland 9:30-close. martin - do you work Thursdays?

All in favor?

This event started at 6:30 and lasted for three hours. It should be it's own event--or maybe combine it with a Tonga visit --maybe.

Now meeting up at Vic's on a normal "last Thursday" to combine with the others would be great. Keep it simple like your original idea-no bands, no DJ's etc, just all of us hanging out talking and having fun.

Have a nice Tiki Day!
If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2005-10-14 11:51 ]

T

On 2005-10-14 11:19, dangergirl299 wrote:

On 2005-10-14 10:47, thejab wrote:

Dean that's a fabulous idea! We can incorporate it into our monthly bay area mini-crawl. SF Vics 5-6:30; Emeryville Vics 7-9; Conga Lounge Oakland 9:30-close. martin - do you work Thursdays?

All in favor?

I would not be able to make it to SF Vic's on this schedule because my work schedule requires me to work until 6 in most cases.

We'll try the SF happy hour for a few months and see how it goes. See my post re October monthly get together:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16887&forum=4&0

I, for one, would love to sample first hand Martiki's TV bartending talents!

On 2005-10-14 12:07, dangergirl299 wrote:
We'll try the SF happy hour for a few months and see how it goes. See my post re October monthly get together:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16887&forum=4&0

I, for one, would love to sample first hand Martiki's TV bartending talents!

Martiki is off Thursday nights. He only works lunch on Thursdays. I can't remember if he works Tues nights.

The baby pineapple had fun! We forgot our camera, sadly, because he looked really adorable in his aloha finery! Mr. Smiley got to ride in his stroller! And I know Rebecca has a picture of that!

Pages: 1 19 replies