Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Creating Tiki: October theme - Monster/freaky tiki!

Pages: 1 38 replies

H
hewey posted on Tue, Oct 4, 2005 7:26 PM

Octobers creating tiki theme is monster/freaky tikis! :evil: Quite appropriate given Halloween really.

Delve into your dark side and create something nasty... :o

R

Cool , now at this rate I may get this one done by x-mas.

TG

I'm in on this one..........tee-hee.

W
wicked posted on Fri, Oct 7, 2005 7:53 AM

can newbies join in? does it have to be a carving... is there a topis somewhere with rules/details etc...not that I pay great attention to details or follow rules well

R

Welcome to TC wicked . No rules , anyone can join in . Just create something tiki related to this months theme and share it.

W
wicked posted on Fri, Oct 7, 2005 8:01 AM

thanks for the quick answer!
and for the welcome :)

great since i just got an order for a skull-shaped tiki!

F

Oooooo, spooky! I can't wait to sink my fangs into this one. :evil:

Insomnia and boredom is kicking in... so I knocked this one out.

A little homage to sci-fi horror films... spooky?

Spooookyyy!

On 2005-10-08 02:32, stuff-o-rama wrote:
Insomnia and boredom is kicking in... so I knocked this one out.

A little homage to sci-fi horror films... spooky?

I just started chain saw carving palm tree trunk tikis.
The first one was a flop but I sold it. The second I finished this a.m. and it turned out great 55" tall problem
is, it is going out side in FL bugs,rain, general weather.
Can any one give me some advice as to what to coat this beast with.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Oct 8, 2005 7:09 AM

Cool spooky piece!

W

cool spooky tiki! this is fun

TG

Does this count? This is one I just finished that I took down to Hukilau. Some people did not know what to think of it, but then again, some people thought it was rad as hell.......

On 2005-10-11 07:53, Tiki G. wrote:
Does this count?

Hell ya it counts ....That is Freaking bad ass!!

here's something along the same lines.....dva gallery is having their "werewolf bongo party" art opening group show on oct. 29th. Lot's of low-brow halloween themed art available...visit-

http://www.dvagallery.com

for more info.

TG

Thanks Rodeo. You should have seen some of the faces on the people at Hukilau that saw it. I think it scared them sober..............

H
hewey posted on Tue, Oct 11, 2005 5:35 PM

Hey tiki g! I dont know what to think of it, but it looks rad! How cool would it look lit from beneath by a single spotty in the garden at night? It would freak people out!

TG

Thanks Hewey. Much appreciated. Yeah all lit up would be cool. He looks like he should have a remote flame that would shoot out between his fangs when people walked by........Of course I would keep a fire extinguisher close by;)

W

well here a qucikie I did today it's more funny that freaky... but then I think most of my stuff is. Lately I've been facinated by the weird-ohs models so I think thats where this came from in a way
FrankenTIKI

( I'mtotally self taught so my technique can be kinda crappy.)

On 2005-10-12 15:01, wicked wrote:

( I'mtotally self taught so my technique can be kinda crappy.)

I like it , he has a grin on him like he just beat some tourist on the beach and took his mai tai.

And as in the 1992 Rap album from Eric B and Rakim
" Dont sweat the technique."

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 12, 2005 5:59 PM

Cool work wicked

Not sure what the hell this is . Its not really tiki. I had some time to waste and a odd piece of wood. I am gonna sand it a little, then torch inside the eyes and nose and maybe give it a white wash.
I really need to finish one before starting on another.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 12, 2005 8:43 PM

Thats cool rodeo. Not real tiki but cool none the less.

I would suggest some tea light candles for the eyes (although it might burn the top of the eye), and some maori style facial tatts for the cheeks. Would look really cool.

E

I have last year's Halloween CD that has a big red tiki on it:

I just happened to rework that same vampire (trust me, she's oldddddddddd) for this year's CD today:

I should design a CD using that photo EVERY year...ha ha (that would be true to how Vampires see themselves)

p.s. Hi, Wicked! I can't believe you have 16 posts already...you've been a busy little bee. I'll have to stalk you like a Vampire later when I have more time... (you won't feel a thing other than euphoria)

Did this a while ago, and now it resides in a great home. Casa Balsamic, whassup FC!

Here is a little something Noah (of Untamed Highway) and I did a few years ago.
It's a kinda freaky tiki surreal land where alien-lodge members and mermaids coexist, and tikis are the rulers...
Not totally Halloween but still spooky...

Noah drew some of it and inked it, and I drew the rest and watercolor painted it.
: )
Jennifer

http://www.sideshowstamps.com
Retro & Tiki Art and Rubber Stamps...

[ Edited by: Sideshow Stamps 2005-10-13 03:29 ]

Stuff-o-Rama! I love your entry!
Great homage to old sci-fi and horror movies!
That is one of my favorite parts about Halloween - breaking out all the old cheesy horror, sci-fi and B-movies!
Long live Tor and Bela!

F
foamy posted on Thu, Oct 13, 2005 5:58 AM

Stuff-O-Rama, nice. Creates a mood and I always liked scared women on horror posters. Tiki G, Your carving is the most non-traditional and creative on the board. I like it alot. Wicked, really nice, I like Weirdos too. Always have. Rodeo, thats a really cool mask you got going on there. Can't wait to see it done. Exoticat, I think I'd like to meet you, whoops! I mean great graphic treatment! Yeah, that's it. Tiki Diablo, cool little tiki. Who'd a thought of a pitch fork? Sideshow, I love pen and ink the most and you got it go'in on. Very nice.

Really good and fun stuff. Love this forum.

[ Edited by: foamy 2005-10-13 05:59 ]

W

rodeotiki, I like the skull! i'm kinda partial to skulls myself.

Exoticat:

I can't believe you have 16 posts already...you've been a busy little bee. I'll have to stalk you like a Vampire later when I have more time... (you won't feel a thing other than euphoria)
I love you! no raaaaly I do. You know me I get started and I can't shut up. BWA HAW HAW HAW TIKI room of terror is back!! Vampire Riff!

Tiki Diablo: I like deviled SPAM!

Sideshow Stamps: I saw that in anpther thread, I'm diggin the mermiads & aliens!

Here's a picture Shawn and I did for the upcoming HEXXERS live CD - artwork and comic that we did for them. This is from the back cover of the album. We thought it would fit the feel of this month's theme.

K
kirby posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2005 3:57 PM

Monster freaky tiki? I thought it was halloween tiki,oh well...

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-10-18 15:59 ]

H

Yeh Kirby, its Halloween tiki too. Love the pirate.

My submission:

Frankentiki, still laid out on the good doctors workbench. A work in progress.

W

roflmao...that is too funny!

C

Tiki G your style is very cool.That tiki is f in freaky.I thought some masks for Halloween would be appropriate..Total height 14 inches.

[ Edited by: capotiki 2005-10-22 19:34 ]

Alright you guys and ghouls got me motivated to enter a pic for this months theme. I haven't posted anything new in awhile so I give to you for your Halloween pleasure... King Kongolio.

I am really liking everybody's monster freaky tikis, thanks for peekin' and postin'.

Boo,
Chongolio

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Oct 26, 2005 5:22 PM

Here's my October monster tiki carving. He's dark and scary!

-Gman

"The saw is family"

[ Edited by: GMAN 2005-10-27 13:55 ]

Tiny 4" tall guy w/ an atitude. Not done but submitted for you approval. A.K.A. The Twilght Zone... Rod Sterling.

P.S. Gman I really like the dark stain, its like a black and white photo. It lets your mind fill in the depth and contrast.

http://www.PalmCityTiki.com

[ Edited by: PalmCityTiki 2005-10-31 14:55 ]

W
wicked posted on Fri, Nov 4, 2005 8:06 AM

I love checking back into this thread! Fab work !

Pages: 1 38 replies